The Student Room Group

Nursing clearing 2018 at Swansea

Hi,
I applied as a late applicant to Swansea uni for Adult Nursing. However as I hadn’t already applied with UCAS this year, my application was put through as a clearing application. I’m pulling my hair out waiting for a response. I know a couple of girls who applied late (but already had applied to different courses through UCAS and got rejected) and they heard the next day! Anyone in a similar situation?
Original post by Moonstone92
Hi,
I applied as a late applicant to Swansea uni for Adult Nursing. However as I hadn’t already applied with UCAS this year, my application was put through as a clearing application. I’m pulling my hair out waiting for a response. I know a couple of girls who applied late (but already had applied to different courses through UCAS and got rejected) and they heard the next day! Anyone in a similar situation?

Unfortunately, the other girls who heard back from Swansea may have been processed through Extra, not clearing, if they applied a bit earlier than you.

Have the uni let you know when you might hear a response? In clearing, it's normal to phone the uni and speak to them directly, so I would do this ASAP if you haven't already.
Reply 2
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Unfortunately, the other girls who heard back from Swansea may have been processed through Extra, not clearing, if they applied a bit earlier than you.

Have the uni let you know when you might hear a response? In clearing, it's normal to phone the uni and speak to them directly, so I would do this ASAP if you haven't already.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think that is what happened but I thought as I already had my results, the process would be quicker. The uni has acknowledged my application but won’t give me a timeframe to expect. I suppose they are waiting for more clearing applications to do an interview day. If I don’t hear anything by next week I will give them another call. Thanks again.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think that is what happened but I thought as I already had my results, the process would be quicker. The uni has acknowledged my application but won’t give me a timeframe to expect. I suppose they are waiting for more clearing applications to do an interview day. If I don’t hear anything by next week I will give them another call. Thanks again.

In clearing, unis should always give you a time frame. It's very frowned on for them to leave you hanging indefinitely. I would call back, ask them to confirm the process -e.g. that they are aiming to do an interview day at x point, and ask them to estimate when you might hear back from them.

If they aren't willing to give this information, I would start looking at other options, as this would indicate to me that they don't have a clear plan for their clearing process and aren't going to treat you well.
Reply 4
Original post by SarcAndSpark
In clearing, unis should always give you a time frame. It's very frowned on for them to leave you hanging indefinitely. I would call back, ask them to confirm the process -e.g. that they are aiming to do an interview day at x point, and ask them to estimate when you might hear back from them.

If they aren't willing to give this information, I would start looking at other options, as this would indicate to me that they don't have a clear plan for their clearing process and aren't going to treat you well.

I didn’t realise this.. thought it was normal to be fobbed about lol. Thanks for the advice, will ring them today.
(edited 5 years ago)
I didn’t realise this.. thought it was normal to be fobbed about lol. Thanks for the advice, will ring them today.

Good luck with calling them- they should definitely give you a clear time frame and some idea of what the process between applying and getting a place is going to involve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending