The Student Room Group

Paying for a shared flat with friend for 125

This place is way more expensive than the first place I had in first year which was £95..but the quality is way better I mean I have a sitting room so I'm not in my bedroom constantly. My mum thinks ts insane to pay 125 per week but the place is all new etc. Any I dea on how to save money? because I'm not just paying for 1 moth I'd be paying over 1st oct to december 31st and I only get £2800 at the start of october.
Reply 1
So you have 2800 125 x 3 (months) will give you £375 spent on the place provided no you have a more comfortable living space and a better quality of life for those three months. Whereas if you remained at your current place, 3 months will cost £285 So within that three month period, you’re paying £90 more ( £1 extra per day because 90 day stay) for the added benefit of the practicalities that it brings So the Q for u is: is £1 extra per day for the benefits of the £125 place worth it? Ygm?
Original post by Juvia L
This place is way more expensive than the first place I had in first year which was £95..but the quality is way better I mean I have a sitting room so I'm not in my bedroom constantly. My mum thinks ts insane to pay 125 per week but the place is all new etc. Any I dea on how to save money? because I'm not just paying for 1 moth I'd be paying over 1st oct to december 31st and I only get £2800 at the start of october.

Come to Edinburgh and see what the rent is like :wink:

Do a budget and see what your non-essential outgoings are, and cut back from there.
lol wait till u see london rent
Original post by bilalsheraz7
So you have 2800 125 x 3 (months) will give you £375 spent on the place.

£125 a week, not per month,

Will depend hugely where it is. Sounds like mental money to me, my 2 bed flat is £80 a week. It will depend how many bills such as power, net, TV, Tax ect are included. If it's all inclusive it might not be too bad.

Original post by Blue_Cow
Come to Edinburgh and see what the rent is like :wink:

Do a budget and see what your non-essential outgoings are, and cut back from there.

Yeah I took one look at Edinburgh flat & room rates last year and near wet myself laughing, I think I'll stay in Glasgow and just get up a wee bit earlier :P
Original post by StriderHort

Yeah I took one look at Edinburgh flat & room rates last year and near wet myself laughing, I think I'll stay in Glasgow and just get up a wee bit earlier :P

PRSOM :smile:

Quite a few people I know endure the hell that is ScotRail from Glasgow to Edinburgh daily :tongue: No idea how they do it.
Original post by Blue_Cow
PRSOM :smile:

Quite a few people I know endure the hell that is ScotRail from Glasgow to Edinburgh daily :tongue: No idea how they do it.

Oh that's easy, Virgin Crosscountry to London :smile:

6:50 from Central gets you into Edin Wave for about 7:45-8, always lovely and quiet, most of the seats are reserved for folk getting on in England, far nicer ride than the godawful jammed Scotrail carts, costs the exact same and they accept most scotrail tix.

I might just drive for the novelty next year as i'm likely only in 1 day a week :P
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
£125 a week, not per month,

Will depend hugely where it is. Sounds like mental money to me, my 2 bed flat is £80 a week. It will depend how many bills such as power, net, TV, Tax ect are included. If it's all inclusive it might not be too bad.

I had to pay 299 quid for the whole year for electricity its a pretty nice place but my wallet is in pain.. I also have to pay 520 from 1st july to august 27th even though I'm not living in it..I know everyone has to pay even during holidays but its painful
Reply 8
Original post by justanotherchica
lol wait till u see london rent

I live in London I know how bad it is :frown: :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending