• Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

TSR's Rainbow Cards Collection

Write a message for the cause, and we'll send it for you!

:party:

As part of Pride Month here on TSR, we're running a collection of messages for The Rainbow Cards Project. They're a fantastic charity that sends birthday and holiday cards to LGBT+ people who have been disowned by their family, as a way of tackling isolation and loneliness within the community. They run on donations and from cards people write and send in, which they then send on to those who sign up for its services.

So how can you get involved? To get involved in the TSR collection, all you have to do is write a message to either a general recipient, or a named one, and post it in this thread. We'll write the messages up in a card for you, and send it on to The Rainbow Cards Project, who will send it on to it's final destination... that means you can write as many messages as you want, without having to worry about buying cards, or paying for postage! :woo:

If you're writing for a general recipient, start the message with something like 'Hi there' rather than leaving it blank. If you're writing to a named recipient, you can get their first name and their interests from the Rainbow Cards website, and tailor the message to them. For more information and ideas, check out their Writing Guide.

For an additional bonus challenge for this collection, we'll be offering a reputation point prize for whoever submits the most messages to this thread! Each message has to be different, and they must all be appropriate and positive to count towards your total. The person with the highest total at the end of the month will win the reputation point prize! :woo:

Unable to write any messages, but still want to support the cause? The Rainbow Cards Project is still in it's early stages, so if you're able to promote it on Twitter or Facebook, that's a great help too! If you're able to donate, you can also do so here
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    What do you call a sleeping dinosaur?
    A dino-snore.
    Happy Birthday! Hope your day is better than that joke!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hi there!

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a lovely day, you deserve it! :cake:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hapridey birthday :hugs: hope you have a good one :cube:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Would anyone else like to post some messages for this? It doesn't have to be a long message, even a "Happy birthday, have a great day!" style one is great and would be gladly received by people
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oooh only just seen this! I'd love to get involved. Will write some messages later - poke me if I don't remember :poke:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Oooh only just seen this! I'd love to get involved. Will write some messages later - poke me if I don't remember :poke:
    PRSOM :moon:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    PRSOM :moon:
    Dw, tiz the thought that counts :yep:

I'd like to do some tailored ones, if that's OK? So am just reading through the names for this month to pick a few people and then write some short messages :excited:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Happy birthday, hope you have a fantastic day! :heart:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hey Loveta!

I want you to remember that you are valid and you are beautiful. I'll be waving the rainbow flag for you at Pride!

Have the most wonderful birthday; I'll be thinking of you

Chelsea
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    ALEX

Dear Alex,

I just wanted to drop you a note to wish you a very Happy Birthday! I know from my own experience that birthdays can sometimes be painful and involve difficult or conflicting feelings. But I hope that - wherever you are and however you may or may not be marking this special day – you know you are wonderful, special and valued, and that there are people across the world thinking of you! I cross my fingers that there will be a big rainbow across the sky on your birthday. Take care and Happy Birthday again!

Shan (London, UK)

GABRIELLE

Dear Gabrielle,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Although you cannot hear it from where you are, I am singing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song to you whilst writing this message! I am probably not as good a singer as you, but I love music too. Plus it’s the thought that counts, right?!

I hope that wherever you are, there is a piano there so someone else can play the ‘Happy Birthday’ song to you. Or perhaps strum it on a ukulele instead! If I were there with you, I would play you ‘Happy Birthday’ on the piano and violin (afraid I’ve no ukulele skills at all!).

I hope you have a lovely day – know that there are people across the world thinking of you.

Take care,

Shan (London, UK)

CLAIRE

Dear Claire,

I just wanted to write and wish you a very Happy Birthday, from one ballet fan to another! I used to learn ballet from ages 4-11 but had no talent for it. I still enjoy watching ballets though at the Royal Opera House in London, which is not too far from me. My favourite ballet production is Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake, which I saw at Sadlers Wells Theatre (also in London). I hope if you haven’t already seen it, that you get to one day – it’s incredible!

I’ll be thinking of you in early August around your birthday time. I hope you have a great day!

Take care,

Shan (London, UK)

Maëlys

Dear Maëlys,

Happy Birthday! I hope that you are able to celebrate today, and that you know many people are thinking of you. If you see a beautiful sunset on your birthday, followed by a clear starry night, know that it is there because I (and surely many other people across the world too) have wished that for you, as a sign of our affection for and solidarity with you.

Hope you have a lovely day! Take care,

Shan (London, UK)

-----

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Dw, tiz the thought that counts :yep:

I'd like to do some tailored ones, if that's OK? So am just reading through the names for this month to pick a few people and then write some short messages :excited:
    Tailored ones are absolutely perfect, thank you! I love the ones you've written, I'm sure they'll be really appreciated by the recipients :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I hope you have a fabulous day. You deserve all of the good things on your special day💛 you beautiful human! Happy birthday. People love you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey beautiful,
    Wishing you the most happiest birthday of your life. May all your wishes come true. You are so pretty and precious. And I love you.
    From one of secret lover.

ReputationRep:
    Hey sunshine,
    Hope you have blasting day. Happy birthday love. I love you so much.
    From one of your secret lover.

ReputationRep:
    Hi my love. Happy birthday. I hope this will be your best day of your life. And I wish you all the happiness in ur life.

ReputationRep:
    Hey sunshine
    Happy birthday. I hope u get all what you wished for. Sending you lots of love kisses and blessing to you. Hope you shine bright in your future. I honestly love you so much cause you are so freaking awesome. Never think you are alone I m always there with you by your side. Once again happy birthday.

ReputationRep:
    (named)

Hey Hailey!
    What do you call a nervous javelin thrower?
    Shakespeare~
    Hee hee hope you have a great birthday!
    Love, Lydia

Hey James!
    What kind of fish has only two sodium atoms?
    2 Na
    (Sorry, I had to use a bad joke 'cause all the good ones argon.)
    Have a wonderful birthday!
    Love, Lydia

Hey Noura,
    We hope we can give you all the love that you'd find in the cup of coffee you may wake up to - warm, inviting and motivating.
    Have a beautiful day,
    Love, Lydia

(i hope to write more )

ReputationRep:
    (Named cards)

Gabrielle:

Dear Gabrielle,

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day full of loads of presents! From one ukulele and piano player to another :> Make sure to blast or play your favourite songs on your birthday so that the whole world can celebrate along with you!

You are valid and loved by all LGBT+ members.

All the best,
    Teddie (UK)

Maryam:

Dear Maryam,

I'd like to wish you a grand birthday! I hope your day goes well with all your wishes coming true :> Like the Pillars of creation in the Eagle Nebula, you are ethreal, unique and appreciated!

Did you know in August there should be a partial solar eclipse! Now that's what I call a celestial gift. Hopefully, you'll be able to view it, I've only seen one partial eclipse in my life, but honestly it was spectacular and worth it.

Always remember, you are valid and loved <3

Best Wishes,
    Teddie(UK)

Kylee (2):

Dear Kylee,

I am just writing to wish you a happy birthday! I hope the day goes well with cake and loads of anime and overwatch merch! I love anime too, so I know how good of a feeling it is to get some merch from your favourite series

You are an absolute star, amongst many others who love and appreciate you!

Take care and I wish you the best,
    Teddie (UK)

ReputationRep:
    Hey there~

Have an absolutely amazing birthday, you are 100% sweet and gorgeous and you kick-ass and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. You deserve so much and I hope you have a blast today!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.