The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds Interview jewellery

So i've got a maccies interview coming up in about a week and one of the things they mentioned is to not wear any jewellery other than a wedding ring if you have one...and that's the issue....
I got my cartilage pierced recently and I have two lobe piercings on each ear and I absolutely cannot take it out the cartilage piercing as it will close up.
Will they reject me due to this?
Well its more health and safety since you’re working with food, so I guess if its against the rules then its against the rules. There still is a chance that jewellery can fall into food which would be unpleasant. Explain your case to them and see what happens.
Well you could, presumably, take it out just for the interview.

This said you'll be sent home on your first day if you wear it to work.
If they've specified no jewellery, then wearing it to the interview kinda blows the 'can follow instructions' part of the interview.

)TBH I wouldn't want to work somewhere like that with fresh piercings, just too gross :frown: )
Original post by kwonhyuk
So i've got a maccies interview coming up in about a week and one of the things they mentioned is to not wear any jewellery other than a wedding ring if you have one...and that's the issue....
I got my cartilage pierced recently and I have two lobe piercings on each ear and I absolutely cannot take it out the cartilage piercing as it will close up.
Will they reject me due to this?

It's a health and safety issue so they might reject you. If you suggest to wear a plaster over it or something then they might consider it but I don't know how likely that is.
Put a plaster over it.
Reply 6
Original post by StriderHort
If they've specified no jewellery, then wearing it to the interview kinda blows the 'can follow instructions' part of the interview.

)TBH I wouldn't want to work somewhere like that with fresh piercings, just too gross :frown: )

Samee i don't really want to work there but with my lack of experience It's my best bet. I'll go and see 😂 my piercing has priority atm
I would email the now explaining things and ask if you could wear a plaster or tape over your ear or something. Good luck
Reply 8
Original post by Phoebebradleyx
I would email the now explaining things and ask if you could wear a plaster or tape over your ear or something. Good luck

that sounds like a good idea, thankyou!
Reply 9
I agree, email them! If they say you can't have it, I'd just take it out for your interview primarily.

Quick Reply

Latest