The Student Room Group

How many years of funding do I have left?

So i attended university in 2012 on a full-time 4 year course for 6 weeks and then left(didn't enjoy it), I then went back to the same uni and course in 2014 and again left 6 weeks later(made the wrong choice, this uni defo wasn't for me lol).

I have now applied to a different uni and course for a full-time 3 year degree and have been accepted. Student finance application has been done. Just wondering if I will get the funding for this 3 year course as I never actually did 2 years full time of studying?
Bump. Would like an answer on this please.
Reply 2
Original post by jakeenzo1993
So i attended university in 2012 on a full-time 4 year course for 6 weeks and then left(didn't enjoy it), I then went back to the same uni and course in 2014 and again left 6 weeks later(made the wrong choice, this uni defo wasn't for me lol).

I have now applied to a different uni and course for a full-time 3 year degree and have been accepted. Student finance application has been done. Just wondering if I will get the funding for this 3 year course as I never actually did 2 years full time of studying?

I wouldn't have thought so. Even a few weeks counts as a full year of funding, so unless you've got mitigating circumstances I'd imagine you wouldn't be funded for your first year.
Original post by IWMTom
I wouldn't have thought so. Even a few weeks counts as a full year of funding, so unless you've got mitigating circumstances I'd imagine you wouldn't be funded for your first year.

Hmm ok. Pretty ridiculous that a few weeks counts as a full year of funding considering I owe SFE less than a years tutition :s-smilie:

But thanks for the reply anyway. Luckily I do have mitigating circumstances to fall back on due to medical reasons.
Original post by jakeenzo1993

Hi, as mentioned above we would class that as 2 years I'm afraid.

If you're now wishing to study a new 3 year degree this is how we would work out your future entitlement;

3+1-2= 2 Years Entitlement
Your new course duration + 1 gift year - years of previous study = Full entitlement years remaining

For year 1 of your new course you would only receive the Maintenance Loan and for year 2 and 3 you would receive the Maintenance Loan and the Tuition Fee.

We can accept evidence from your GP or University. We recommend the evidence is signed and dated, on letter headed paper. It will need to confirm the reason(s) why you could not continue with your studies, the impact it had on your studies and when this took place. You will also need to provide an accompanying covering letter explaining the situation in your own words.

You'll need to send your evidence to Student Finance England, PO Box 210, Darlington, DL1 9HJ.

Regards, Aisha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending