Can you use case studies you learnt at GCSE for A Level Geography?

Watch
Usermania
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
E.g. for Migration use Poland to UK instead of Tanzania to UK. Or will this just get a straight 0/20 marks? I am working from the AQA Exam Board currently Yr 12
username4162760
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Usermania)
E.g. for Migration use Poland to UK instead of Tanzania to UK. Or will this just get a straight 0/20 marks? I am working from the AQA Exam Board currently Yr 12
You definitely won't receive 0 marks so no need to worry. You may not get as many marks as using an A-level case study but its better to get marks on a case study you are comfortable with rather than less marks on one you dont know that well. And also, as different schools use different case studies, I dont think it is that obvious when someone is using a GCSE case study so I wouldn't worry at all.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unless there are studies that are set in the spec, it's fine, so long as you're using them to clearly demonstrate the point that you are trying to make.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (572)
34.31%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (686)
41.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
20.04%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.5%

Watched Threads