The Student Room Group

A level chemistry experiment help ??

Hello , so in chemistry A level I am currently doing a write up for an experiment involving the change in mass, including Hydrochloric acid and marble chips , and timing and recording the mass change for different concentrations , however I am struggling to form a results table to record my data in. Any suggestions ? Thank you
For each concentration record the change in mass at different times for like 2 minutes at 10 second intervals. So one column is time in seconds and the other is the change in mass. Plot a graph of change in mass (y axis) against time.

You could alternatively use a gas syringe and plot gas produced against time.

If you want to look at rate of reaction, the gradient of the graph at time equals zero is the initial rate of reaction.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by alevelphysicist
For each concentration record the change in mass at different times for like 2 minutes at 10 second intervals. So one column is time in seconds and the other is the change in mass. Plot a graph of change in mass (y axis) against time.

You could alternatively use a gas syringe and plot gas produced against time.

If you want to look at rate of reaction, the gradient of the graph at time equals zero is the initial rate of reaction.

Okay thank you so much !

Quick Reply

Latest