The Student Room Group

Is my plan ok? - Help

Hey everyone,
Basically I just needed someone to ask if my plans for the future are good or if I should take a different route.
Background: Took A level Biology and English Language, and Core Maths (equivalent to an AS) and I'm waiting on the results. I won't get enough UCAS points to get into uni, even if I get higher than I expect to (bio B + eng B + core A = 96). I haven't applied for it yet as I didn't think I would go last year.
So anyway, the plan is to retake my A levels in year 14, as I think I can do better, and then do an Access to HE at college. This has an age of requirement of 19 so I'll have to wait a year, so I thought I should retake my a levels in that time. This way I'll have more than enough points to get in.
Is this a good plan? Would it be better to do something else?
Thanks for your help.
Original post by 269
Hey everyone,
Basically I just needed someone to ask if my plans for the future are good or if I should take a different route.
Background: Took A level Biology and English Language, and Core Maths (equivalent to an AS) and I'm waiting on the results. I won't get enough UCAS points to get into uni, even if I get higher than I expect to (bio B + eng B + core A = 96). I haven't applied for it yet as I didn't think I would go last year.
So anyway, the plan is to retake my A levels in year 14, as I think I can do better, and then do an Access to HE at college. This has an age of requirement of 19 so I'll have to wait a year, so I thought I should retake my a levels in that time. This way I'll have more than enough points to get in.
Is this a good plan? Would it be better to do something else?
Thanks for your help.

If you are retaking your A levels and get high enough grades, then there is no point doing an Access course. If you get the A level grades you can apply to Uni directly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending