The Student Room Group

Proof of Divorce

Hi there,

My parents have been divorced since 2004 ish and I have lived with my mum ever since. Student finance has asked for proof of her divorce but we are having trouble finding what they requested. Do you know if there is any other type of proof we can send?

Thanks
Original post by jackvoyce98
Hi there,

My parents have been divorced since 2004 ish and I have lived with my mum ever since. Student finance has asked for proof of her divorce but we are having trouble finding what they requested. Do you know if there is any other type of proof we can send?

Thanks

Sometimes they accept council tax bills with just the one parents name on.
Original post by jackvoyce98
Hi there,

Thanks

Hi,

As you longer have access to those divorce documents which is understandable as they divorced a long time ago. We can accept one of the following:

- Most recent Council Tax Bill showing 25% single person or single occupancy discount.

- A Signed Affidavit - a sworn declaration they make in writing describing facts that they wish to state as true. They typically make an Affidavit under oath and sign it and have it stamped by a Solicitor. This would need to show the date of separation/divorce.

- Statutory declaration - normally drafted by a Solicitor who is usually a Notary Public or can be drafted by a Legal Executive authorised to administer Oaths. Alternatively, the declaration can be made before a Magistrate (also known as a Justice of the Peace) or some Magistrates Clerks at a Magistrates Court. This would need to show the date of separation/divorce.

You would need to send your evidence to Student Finance England, PO Box 210, Darlington, DL1 9HJ.

Warm regards, Aisha.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending