annagreener
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I can’t decide what degree to do at all, I equally love all of my a level subjects and I do not have a career path I definitely intend to go down.
Out of English literature, history and geography which degree will give the most graduate job opportunities and is the most highly favoured upon. Just your personal opinion or experience would be great in helpful me way some pro’s and con’s as I am needing to make my decision very soon.
Thanks!
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by annagreener)
I can’t decide what degree to do at all, I equally love all of my a level subjects and I do not have a career path I definitely intend to go down.
Out of English literature, history and geography which degree will give the most graduate job opportunities and is the most highly favoured upon. Just your personal opinion or experience would be great in helpful me way some pro’s and con’s as I am needing to make my decision very soon.
Thanks!
Why not a joint or combined honours degree?
University of East Anglia PG Student Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by annagreener)
Thanks!
Hi there!

I remember having this exact dilemma myself, I feel you. It's hard to compare these degrees against each other and decide which provides the best job prospects - each is a respectable degree in its own right.

What makes one degree more valuable than another is how much you engage with the course and wider university experience. The degree is obviously the fundamental aspect of your time at university, but if you're stuck, perhaps you might want to start thinking a bit deeper about the different kinds of opportunities you can access between courses and universities.

For instance, alongside a history degree you could also end up being President of your university's history society, or attend some really interesting field trips to historical sites relevant to your studies, or make some really useful contacts in the history department - or literally anything else you can think of For me, it meant sports clubs, working with the student union, and even running this account right now

If you want some more inspiration - UEA have a great graphic which breaks down the course choice process into segments, making the whole thing seem less daunting. I'll leave a link to it here.

One more thing - choosing a degree in a subject does not mean that your career is bound to that area forever! A good example is Prime Minister Theresa May, a geography graduate!

Hope this helped

Fred - UEA PG Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads