Want to learn Judaism , Hinduism , Buddhism.

Watch this thread
emptystudent
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is there any Devoted jew , Hindu ,or Buddhist here on TSR?.I am 18 year old Muslim and want to learn more about other world religion. DM if any.
disposable
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hinduism and Buddhism are not best described as religions. Hinduism itself is a Middle Eastern (I prefer the term Muslims but it's less politically correct) to denote the "foreignness" of Indian culture which was then adopted as a term by Europeans to group together what they saw as religion in India, but historically we would not group together the various bits into one construct such as "Hinduism".
El Salvador
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by disposable)
Hinduism and Buddhism are not best described as religions. Hinduism itself is a Middle Eastern (I prefer the term Muslims but it's less politically correct) to denote the "foreignness" of Indian culture which was then adopted as a term by Europeans to group together what they saw as religion in India, but historically we would not group together the various bits into one construct such as "Hinduism".
Hinduism is I believe by nature similar to Chinese folk religion(s). It's a culture with ancient myths of their world as the basis.
emptystudent
Rep:
(Original post by disposable)
I am here to learn so forgive silly mistakes .
emptystudent
Rep:
(Original post by The Champion.m4a)
Hinduism is I believe by nature similar to Chinese folk religion(s). It's a culture with ancient myths of their world as the basis.
NO, they have scripture which the chines don't
El Salvador
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emptystudent)
Just because it's mostly an oral tradition doesn't really make the two that different. But if you insist, there's Daoism which has a definite book.
emptystudent
Rep:
(Original post by The Champion.m4a)
Just because it's mostly an oral tradition doesn't really make the two that different. But if you insist, there's Daoism which has a definite book.
That's the difficult thing about studying religion so many variations, school of thoughts and traditions.
disposable
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emptystudent)
You could debate whether it's really scriptures or not. I don't think any of the "sects" of Hinduism regard any of the 'scriptures' as being a holy book or as a set of rules. I think of them as Aseops fables actually.
Getpumped
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I am part of the religion of lifting
emptystudent
Rep:
(Original post by Getpumped)
I am part of the religion of lifting
???
Joeymodjol2
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Is there anything specifically that you would like to know about Judaism?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I know a thing or three about Indian religion and philosophy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (20)
17.24%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (30)
25.86%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (62)
53.45%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
3.45%

Watched Threads