CAN skipping help lose fat?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If I skipped everyday will I lose weight ???
While Eating healthy?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Skipping is exercise, exercise burns calories, therefore yes - assuming you eat healthily, and ultimately consume fewer calories than you burn on any given day.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If I skipped everyday will I lose weight ???
While Eating healthy?
Paired with diet yep absolutely. Any form of exercise burns calories so if that combined with your diet puts you at calorie deficit you will loose weight. Combining exercise with diet is a great way to loose weight cos you can afford to eat a bit more which gives you nutrients etc and make up for those calories with the exercise.

To get an idea of what sort of balance you need to get you can use a calorie calculator for how many calories you're consuming with what you eat and how many you are burning while skipping. You just need a general idea to help guide you so don't worry if it's not exact. You can also google what the best amount of calorie defect is best for your weight and the amount you are aiming to loose.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kindred)
Paired with diet yep absolutely. Any form of exercise burns calories so if that combined with your diet puts you at calorie deficit you will loose weight. Combining exercise with diet is a great way to loose weight cos you can afford to eat a bit more which gives you nutrients etc and make up for those calories with the exercise.
To get an idea of what sort of balance you need to get you can use a calorie calculator for how many calories you're consuming with what you eat and how many you are burning while skipping. You just need a general idea to help guide you so don't worry if it's not exact. You can also google what the best amount of calorie defect is best for your weight and the amount you are aiming to loose.
Thank you so much for your advise really helps! Can you help with the calculations I’m kind of confused I’m 4”11 female and currently weigh 135 but I’m aiming to lose about 25 to 30 pounds currently I live a sedentary lifestyle. How can I calculate my calorie consumption to be in a deficit. How long would o have given workout thanks in advance !!
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much for your advise really helps! Can you help with the calculations I’m kind of confused I’m 4”11 female and currently weigh 135 but I’m aiming to lose about 25 to 30 pounds currently I live a sedentary lifestyle. How can I calculate my calorie consumption to be in a deficit. How long would o have given workout thanks in advance !!
I would either have a google for calorie calculating sites or post over in the fitness section. I would have no idea where to start with calculating things other than you need to be burning more than you're taking in.
imdying123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
scientists hate him!!! my friend does skipping every day he thinks he's a right donnie but he's physically fit and eats loads so yh go for it.
exceedingace123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you will become fit
but, it is really fun as well
i learnt how to double skip consecutively, and can do the rear triple skip
you will go through to a time ion which your legs are very painful, so be prepared to skip
exceedingace123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
by the way you do not need to eat healthy if you do enough skipping as it is very physically demanding
ChanandlerBong19
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by arnieavad)
by the way you do not need to eat healthy if you do enough skipping as it is very physically demanding
From your comment above this one you seem to be pretty well versed in skipping and there is no doubt that it is physically demanding (if done right and for long enough). However, please don't think that nutrition isn't important as it absolutely is. Both work in conjunction for overall health and weight loss is much easier with a healthy diet (less to burn off or if you're exercising for a long time protein etc. will fuel a workout much better than McDee's).

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...n_5207271.html
Anonymous #1
Thanks everyone that responded !!! One more question does it matter what type
Of skipping rope I buy is there a particular type that’s better ???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (76)
14.07%
I'm not sure (23)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (172)
31.85%
I have already dropped out (11)
2.04%
I'm not a current university student (258)
47.78%

Watched Threads