Which media outlet is more Anti-India? BBC, Al Jazzera, or Reddit?

Watch this thread
Poll: Which media outlet is more Anti-India?
Al Jazeera (4)
50%
BBC (3)
37.5%
Reddit (1)
12.5%
disposable
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Al Jazzera is basically a mouthpiece for the Middle Eastern and Muslim lobby but it does otherwise tend to report more in general. To it's credit, it's actively called the left-wing in India a "Muslim lobby" for example and will sometimes report anti-Indian racism (albeit with a bias remaining in favour of Muslims). It's reporting on the third world is usually more thorough than most western news organisations. But obviously it doesn't hide that it's a pro-Muslim lobby and therefore it goes against most Indians' political viewpoints.

BBC also works for Muslims but seems to think that British Muslims have a say over Muslims in other countries, and it would rather focus on detailing conflicts between British Sunni/Shia than racism against British Indians. I think the BBC is losing influence in the globalised world and that it is unable to keep up with other major news organisations around the world, it's also the most racist towards British Indians IMO because of its selective reporting. The BBC used to be a good source for Indians but now most Indians are disgusted with its reporting and I think it focuses mainly on Muslims now.

Reddit is universally aligned with the left-wing of the United States, which for Indians is basically about immigration from India to the US since Indians aren't an established race. Non-Muslim Indians outside USA are right-wing and Islamophobia is common, so probably most Non-Muslim Indians dislike the left-wing, pro-muslim, lean of the Reddit community.
Emms98
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Reddit isn’t a media outlet. Al Jazeera isn’t actually anti-Indian and I appreciate the different viewpoints from the western media that they take on issues. the BBC can be quite disparaging of India although I don’t think there’s anything wrong with admitting that India has a LOT of socioeconomic problems. I feel like, in India, people often conflate criticism of Indian societal problems with being anti-India.
disposable
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Emms98)
Reddit isn’t a media outlet. Al Jazeera isn’t actually anti-Indian and I appreciate the different viewpoints from the western media that they take on issues. the BBC can be quite disparaging of India although I don’t think there’s anything wrong with admitting that India has a LOT of socioeconomic problems. I feel like, in India, people often conflate criticism of Indian societal problems with being anti-India.
With the BBC, the problem isn't necessarily the reporting but rather the selective reporting. It reminds me of the Indian left-wing; historically it is descended from those moneyed by the British - educated by the British colonialists - so they supported secularism and sympathised with Christianity leaving them left-wing in India. But what this meant is that they would rather focus on ethno-religious relations than care about socially liberal issues like homophobia which they would historically only token. I think the BBC should be privatised because its obvious that it can't get rid of its Pro-Muslim bias.

Reddit is mostly left-wing despite most Non-Muslim Indians outside the United States being right-wing, and the Indians in the US tend to be ultra-obsessed with immigration too.
Anik mondal
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Aljajeera is a propaganda house created by Qatar government ,..it's a islamist lobbyist
AanshaPriyam
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Al Jazeera is an Islamic propanganda created to hate on India and Israel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (27)
24.11%
The paper was reasonable (49)
43.75%
Not feeling great about that exam... (25)
22.32%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
9.82%

Watched Threads