The Student Room Group

MSc Psychology conversion course

Hi,
I have done my undergraduate studies from India in B.A Psychology honours course, If anyone could please help me and clear my doubt regarding the conversion course as to whether I need to apply for the MSc Psychology conversion course or can I directly apply for masters rather than the conversion course.
Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by zamanm03
Hi,
I have done my undergraduate studies from India in B.A Psychology honours course, If anyone could please help me and clear my doubt regarding the conversion course as to whether I need to apply for the MSc Psychology conversion course or can I directly apply for masters rather than the conversion course.
Thanks!

Moved to Postgraduate Applications. :h:

Check if your current degree meets the international entry requirements for the regular psychology master's course on the website of the university or universities you are applying to. If it does, yes, you can apply for a regular master's degree. :yep:

Master's conversion courses are generally only for those whose degree is not relevant for the postgraduate subject they are applying for. For example, someone could do a MSc Computer Science conversion course after studying BA History. Since your degree is in psychology and you are applying for the same course, I think you should be good to go, but check just in case. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Hey!
Thanks for giving me your precious time and answering my query!
Although i still have many queries - one of them is that although I have an undergrad degree in psychology many of the courses have asked the degree to be recognized by GBR or GBC so I want to know if all the masters courses require this recognition in which case even having an undergrad degree in psychology from overseas is of no advantage to me :frown:
Original post by zamanm03
Hey!
Thanks for giving me your precious time and answering my query!
Although i still have many queries - one of them is that although I have an undergrad degree in psychology many of the courses have asked the degree to be recognized by GBR or GBC so I want to know if all the masters courses require this recognition in which case even having an undergrad degree in psychology from overseas is of no advantage to me :frown:

If your course doesn’t have GBC you cannot go on to do the doctorate that allows you to be certified as a psychologist in the UK

Quick Reply