The Student Room Group

Why don't boys approach me/flirt with me?

So basically I go to college and no boys in my lessons ever flirt with me/ talk to me but apart from college I don't really see any boys as I don't go to parties or things like that so can't meet them anywhere else, yet I'm sure the same thing would still happen in those circumstances. I was convinced that it must've just meant that I was ugly but I really don't think I'm so repulsive to have not one boy show any interest in me. I got an online dating app and seemed to get a lot of matches as well as compliments on there but now I'm just thinking am I way uglier in real life? Is that why I get compliments on there but not in real life? Is me being ugly the reason I don't get approached? Please give me your advice because I would love to get some male attention and possibly find someone who I can fall in love with.
Going off your name, probably cus your ugly :biggrin:
Reply 2
I do want love but that may not be possible for someone clearly as "ugly" as me. Any attention would be fine, but I onlyget it on instagram and Snapchat and tinder, never in real life, and it's really draining me now, I just don't know what to do
If you're not seeing guys outwith college then that's most likely the issue. Most people go to college to learn and if lucky to chat with their friends - not to pick people up!

Alternatively, if you like a guy in your class then you should try approaching him.
Reply 4
Why not meet up with someone instead of just chatting on tinder
Reply 5
Because I'm terrified they'll think I'm hideous in real life (even though I think I look roughly the same) it's just some boys call girls catfishes meanings they're way uglier in person and I don't want that to happen to me as it'd crush my self esteem
i have the same hun don't worry there isn't anything wrong with you! i have been/got with boys at parties etc. but no boys talk in college or out in general either, and i have stopped going to parties too... i think a lot of it depends on the boys as i guess a lot of boys don't have the courage to go up to a random girl. You will find some one eventually if thats what youre worried about- we are both just waiting for the right one (and soeone with balls to talk haha). You clearly aren't ugly or you wouldn't be getting boys complimenting/talking to you etc online.
[video="youtube;SV9d6g3bToU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV9d6g3bToU[/video]
Reply 8
I can't speak for all boys but guys like me who aren't as confident or talkative just won't approach girls it would hurt my self-esteem if I approached a girl and got rejected/got a funny look. So I personally don't take that risk.
Reply 9
Ah you've literally described my life! Like I don't go to parties at all anymore but when I did I did get with boys but I never have in any other type of environment. Glad it's not just me! Hopefully we will both find someone soon!
Reply 10
Original post by Uglygirl101
So basically I go to college and no boys in my lessons ever flirt with me/ talk to me but apart from college I don't really see any boys as I don't go to parties or things like that so can't meet them anywhere else, yet I'm sure the same thing would still happen in those circumstances. I was convinced that it must've just meant that I was ugly but I really don't think I'm so repulsive to have not one boy show any interest in me. I got an online dating app and seemed to get a lot of matches as well as compliments on there but now I'm just thinking am I way uglier in real life? Is that why I get compliments on there but not in real life? Is me being ugly the reason I don't get approached? Please give me your advice because I would love to get some male attention and possibly find someone who I can fall in love with.

What a TROLL account like any girl would come up with a username such as "ugly girl". Get of the computer little boy ???
Send a photo on this for the truth
Original post by Uglygirl101
Ah you've literally described my life! Like I don't go to parties at all anymore but when I did I did get with boys but I never have in any other type of environment. Glad it's not just me! Hopefully we will both find someone soon!

Show a picture of yourself

Quick Reply

Latest