The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's Online shopper job interview.

I applied for the job online, and after a fairly easy set multiple choice quesions I recieved an email saying:

Congratulations!
We are interested in scheduling an interview with you for the position of Online Shopper

What I'm asking is, what will this interview entail? It's scheduled for 10am on this Saturday.

I was also wondering what to wear, would a suit be too much?

Oh, also, will the interview be one to one or as a group, and will there be an induction day?

Thanks for the help.
(edited 5 years ago)
To me, this implies single interview. Nothing wrong with wearing a suit, but if you are worried about overdressing, maybe don't wear the jacket? Dressing somewhat formally will show you're taking it seriously.

For this sort of thing, questions are generally "Give us an example of a time you showed dedication." or "In this scenario, what would you do?". I would advise looking over your past experiences and think of how you could answer questions like this.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
I had mine today for this role. It was individual and didn’t ask any ‘what would you do in this scenario’ questions as I did it online. As said above, wear a suit without a jacket maybe.
Reply 3
Original post by bekahw96
To me, this implies single interview. Nothing wrong with wearing a suit, but if you are worried about overdressing, maybe don't wear the jacket? Dressing somewhat formally will show you're taking it seriously.

For this sort of thing, questions are generally "Give us an example of a time you showed dedication." or "In this scenario, what would you do?". I would advise looking over your past experiences and think of how you could answer questions like this.

Good luck! :smile:

Reply 4
Original post by Laurus
Yeah I don't think I'll wear a jacket, it speaks of being about 30 degrees! What happened after the interview, did you get any word of an induction day or anything like that?

You will know in 3-5 working days I think. Yeah I think a jacket is too formal.
For interview questions look on glassdoor.co.uk and Targetjobs. These are very helpful.
Reply 6
Original post by Beth286
You will know in 3-5 working days I think. Yeah I think a jacket is too formal.

Alright, thanks for the help!
Reply 7
I just had one a few weeks back. Very informal, just asked two questions about why I wanted to work in Sainsbury’s and customer service experience. Then a bunch of tick exercise questions like age, working hours etc. Spent 20 mins talking me through the job and showing me the place etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending