cbutler100
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i`ve picked Chemistry and Mathematics for my first and second options but i cant decide between Economics or Geography for my 3rd option. i think i want to do a chemistry degree but i want to have room for other degree options just in case i change my mind. can you tell me what these subjects invole and how hard and how respeected they are. also were can these subjects lead onto
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cbutler100)
i`ve picked Chemistry and Mathematics for my first and second options but i cant decide between Economics or Geography for my 3rd option. i think i want to do a chemistry degree but i want to have room for other degree options just in case i change my mind. can you tell me what these subjects invole and how hard and how respeected they are. also were can these subjects lead onto
Geography is quite vast, you'll learn a bit of geopolitics and slightly a bit of economics (depending on what your sixth form chooses for A2), a bit of science for physical geography (e.g. weather formation), and human geography (e.g. how population dynamics effect the globe, resource allocation, economic development). It's quite an interesting subject more so than what others thinks.

Now Economics its pretty self explanatory. It's quite interesting and very useful for anyone wanting to work in the Finance sector. I'd suggest you first decide which one interested you most, since your A-level choices will not determine what sort of career you'll lead to or be a deciding factor in you getting into a particular uni (unless you are applying for a course that specifically state that you must do a particular subject).
cbutler100
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
Geography is quite vast, you'll learn a bit of geopolitics and slightly a bit of economics (depending on what your sixth form chooses for A2), a bit of science for physical geography (e.g. weather formation), and human geography (e.g. how population dynamics effect the globe, resource allocation, economic development). It's quite an interesting subject more so than what others thinks.

Now Economics its pretty self explanatory. It's quite interesting and very useful for anyone wanting to work in the Finance sector. I'd suggest you first decide which one interested you most, since your A-level choices will not determine what sort of career you'll lead to or be a deciding factor in you getting into a particular uni (unless you are applying for a course that specifically state that you must do a particular subject).
would unis like them both for an chemistry degree
j.1.2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
bro do 4 subjects and drop one after u feel lile one of them is not good for you.
I was undecided between F maths and Business so picked both, now i've dropped f maths and this has saved my life. I actually enjoyed maths at GCSE but could not coope with too much.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cbutler100)
would unis like them both for an chemistry degree
So long as you have Chemistry and Maths (not required by most, but very useful), they won't really care what your 3rd or 4th subject is on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (21)
13.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
27.27%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (64)
41.56%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.94%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.6%

Watched Threads