The Student Room Group

Starting a small business

So I am 15 this year and starting my GCSES after this summer. I am doing a music GCSE and also working towards my next music grade. I play the drums and am trying to save half the money to buy a drum kit as the one I currently have is really old and not good for my grades. My dad said he would pay for the other half. So I only need to worry about half. I went onto a couple of websites and one said that a good idea is doing music lessons for younger kids. I think this is a great idea. However I don’t know how I would start that business and work it around my upcoming GCSES.

P.s. I’ve never used the student room before and I am really nervous so sorry if this is a bit confusing.

P. P.s I am taking triple science as well which requires a lot of dedication and time put into it.

😬
Thanks
Maybe you could just start with one child a week a few times a week so it isn’t much to handle then you could take on more children if you feel comfortable. Hope you get the new drum kit! :smile:
Thanks. One question. How do I get that one child
Do you have younger siblings? Ask if their friends are interested. Or your parents might know other parents with younger children. If you’re dedicated, you could put up a poster advertising your business though you might get too many, I don’t know.
Thx. Don’t have any younger siblings but I can ask my sister who’s friends do.

😬
Thx
Also how do u respond and comment on a specific comment made by someone else
Reply 6
If you're using mobile, to reply to a comment means you should press and hold the comment and quote it.

Perhapd try advertising in school assemblies, or church. Flyers in and around music rooms may help too.

Quick Reply

Latest