Boyfriend doesn't make me horny?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I've been dating my boyfriend for a year now. I had a crush on him for a year before we started dating, we were coworkers. I was very physically attracted to him. We started hanging out and we fell in love pretty fast and we were all over each other constantly. Hes my first sexual partner and the first person I've been in love with. I'm not his first but I am his first that hes been in love with. Anyways I have always been a super sexual person I was always excited for sex and love and masturbated a lot as a teen. But lately I'm just not feeling it. He doesn't turn me on like he used to and I dont know why. I was completely infatuated with him and now I'm just never in the mood and a lot of the time I dont even wanna make out. We moved in together after only a couple months of dating and we get along very well and he us super sweet I love him to death. Currently we dont live together because I felt like I should live by myself a bit in order to grow and become more independent. I was hoping that when we stopped living together my sex drive would come back and I'd want him more physically but I don't. I miss being with him all the time but I still dont really want sex unless I'm drunk. I think I was depressed for a few months but I have been feeling better so idk what the deal is. I really want him to make me horny again. Our physical connection used to be so strong I couldn't help but say I love you during sex like it was an insanely close connection I've never felt anything like it. It felt like we just melded into one heart when we had sex as cheesy as it sounds. Id even climax through penetration alone although we do frequently throw a vibrator into the mix. Now when we have sex we dont even finish and it just kind of feels like a chore to me. I know hes very attracted to me still and he wants sex but hes not pushy... it's just almost awkward now. Have any of you guys experienced this? How can I fix this? I love him so much and I dont want to break up with him over sex. I want that physical connection and desire we used to have...
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
Same happened to my mate but they broke up after ****ing numerous times - they got used to each other over time and it didn't feel as exciting, so they lost interest in each other and broke up.
Amy06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you were more distant in other ways I'd suggest a lack of attraction but, you still love this man and want to feel the same way.

Has anything changed? Any new medications, contraceptives, diets, ect?

A lot of things can change a woman's sex drive and make her less interested.

I think it's best to weigh out the physical reasons first so you can know whether it's just your attraction to him or if you should be doing something differently
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
It's not him it's your sex drive.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it’s inevitable in any long term relationship that you’ll both eventually get a bit bored of each other’s bodies. It’s like everything, the more you’re exposed to it, the more used to it you get and the less novel and exciting it becomes. Even if your partner was the most good-looking person on the planet, you’d get used to their looks eventually.

Therefore you need to try and figure out whether your loss of attraction is due to the normal course of a relationship or whether it could be for some other reason (depression, him changing, health issues etc.).
OlderGuy4you
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Check out my post
Simone250900
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i was exactly the same but what i did was because i did care for him i asked to just be friends and it has really worked for us there wasn't much sexually for me with him and i dont regret the decision, have a think here if need
Anonymous #4
Report 3 years ago
Are you on the pill? Because I found I had this issue when I took it.
Anonymous #5
Report 3 years ago
Same thing happened with a guy I used to date. I was getting more turned on from me being naked on my own than having sex with him.

You could switch it up a little. As in change the way you have sex. Try out more positions (e.g. having you on top of him), introduce some sex toys, have sex in different locations, or play some sexy games to get you in the mood. This sounds so TMI but that's what I would do to try and find a solution to your problem.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by OlderGuy4you)
Check out my post
watch how you're a pedo ffs XD dutty yute
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If u want a bit of action on da side PM me BB xxx
Yvngtup
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Omg I’m dealing with the same thing like yess the guy I’m dealing with we never really actually dated but it’s been off in on For years he use to really turn me on without sex It’s like the sex idk honestly just doesn’t turn me on at all and it’s like damn I don’t get it he always turned on it’s like I’m lowkey disgusted idk if it’s cause I’m stressed out but it’s like I had sex before my very first time and everything was just right like it felt right I was very turned on The vibe him are sex was just right it’s only crazy to me because I knew the other boy which is now my 2 since kids like really use to be in love with him For yearssss but with the sex Its Like I’m never horny for him I guess different people really bring you different feelings
Rajat0204
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It happens sometimes when you are in love with someone and doesn't feel horny , it isn't normal but I would rather say it's common with girls .If you want trun on your relationship you need to put effort like try to find out game to play with your patner like truth and dareyou can create romantic environments like soft songs and try to makeouttalk to each other and try to find out what's trun you on and communicate with your patner regarding your fantasies
GGigi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know the feeling
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.71%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5%
I need help with my personal statement (57)
40.71%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.14%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.14%

Watched Threads