Nottingham Trent University (NTU) – Clearing Q&A thread Watch

Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys :hello:

As your results start to come in, it might be worth keeping Clearing in mind.

The first thing to say is that if you do need to go through Clearing, don’t panic. Stay calm, look through your options and make calls to universities that you genuinely think you’d like to study at.

We are here to help you through the process of understanding what Clearing is and how it works.

If you already have your results – Clearing is now open. You can give our Clearing hotline a call on +44 (0)115 848 6000 to discuss your options.

What is Clearing?

If you receive your results and you don’t get a place at university or if you haven’t applied, then Clearing is your chance to secure a university place.

If you have your results already, you can call the Clearing hotline between 9 am - 5 pm Monday to Thursday and 9 am - 4 pm on Friday.

From A-Level results day on Thursday 16 August, our hotline opening times will be extended to cater for the higher volume of calls during this period

You can view our extended opening times on our website.

Before you call us, follow these steps to help prepare yourself:

. Have a look at the current vacancies using our clearing course search tool – you’ll need to call us to find out the latest availability

. Make sure you are organised before making the calls (have your UCAS number/Clearing number at hand, your GCSE and A level results, and a piece of paper and pen) as it will make the process much easier!

. Remember that it has to be you who makes the phone call. Our Clearing Team aren’t allowed to discuss your application with anyone else (this includes passing the phone over to your parents/teachers during the call).

Have any questions? Ask them right here on TSR!

Our admissions team are on hand throughout Clearing to answer any of your questions. Our team are experts in helping and advising students through Clearing.

We also have some current students online who have gone through the Clearing process between August 1 - 15 who will be ready and waiting to answer your questions.

They are:

Elsa Darkwah – BA (Hons) Childhood Studies

Emily McKinna – BA (Hons) Economics with Business

James Baker – FdSc Audio and Music Technology

The best of luck for your results, and if you do decide to go through Clearing I hope it goes well!

Chris – NTU TSR Rep
EuanA
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I’ve applied to multiple universities to do psychology however if I decided I want to change the subject area that I would like to study would you be open to accepting me? For example if I tried to get on an English language course instead of psychology
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Mahel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My course for NTU is in clearing at the moment so it doesn't make much sense to hold it as my insurance choice, as I may be able to get a better suited course for myself through clearing. Would it affect me if I asked to be released from my insurance choice so that I could enter clearing if I don't meet my firm and then if I don't find anything through clearing, to go back to NTU through clearing for a place on my original course choice? Does that make sense?
DoritoEvie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mahel)
My course for NTU is in clearing at the moment so it doesn't make much sense to hold it as my insurance choice, as I may be able to get a better suited course for myself through clearing. Would it affect me if I asked to be released from my insurance choice so that I could enter clearing if I don't meet my firm and then if I don't find anything through clearing, to go back to NTU through clearing for a place on my original course choice? Does that make sense?
Well, the thing is, if you give up NTU as your insurance choice and then reapply through clearing later there is NO guarantee that you will be granted your place back, and rather, it might be given to someone else. Universities give offers to students because they believe that they really want to be there. If you give up your insurance and see if you can find something better, only to come crawling back, how do you think that looks?
Best to keep it in my opinion unless you're really not happy with it. Then choose the clearing option.
Postgraduate study at NTU
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mahel)
Hi Mahel

I passed your question onto our Admissions team and they have advised that you give them a call on 0115 848 4200 so that they can check your record and discuss Clearing with you.

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
Rep:
?
(Original post by EuanA)
Hi, I’ve applied to multiple universities to do psychology however if I decided I want to change the subject area that I would like to study would you be open to accepting me? For example if I tried to get on an English language course instead of psychology
Hi EuanA,

Sorry for the long delay in replying to you!

I've spoken to a member of our Clearing team and they have said to give them a ring on +44 (0)115 848 6000 - they'll be the best people to advise you

You can also check out our guide to clearing to help you answer your question.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Chris
Rep:
?
Got any questions about what it's like to go through the Clearing process? Talk to some current students on our forum!

We have lined up some current NTU students who have all experienced the Clearing process, and know exactly what it feels like to call up universities and be offered a place through Clearing. They'll be on hand to answer questions up until results day (16 August)

Answering your questions are:

James Baker - BSc Audio and Music Technology

Emily McKinna - BA (Hons) Economics with Business

Joining us next week we have:

Elsa Darkwah - BA (Hons) Childhood Studies

We look forward to answering your questions!
ray12521
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
would like to transfer university into computer science BSc course to second year . Would it be possible for 2018?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by ray12521)
would like to transfer university into computer science BSc course to second year . Would it be possible for 2018?
Hi ray12521

You would have to get in touch with our admissions team - you can give them a call them on +44(0)115 848 4200

Chris - NTU rep
ray12521
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Nottingham Trent University)
Hi ray12521

You would have to get in touch with our admissions team - you can give them a call them on +44(0)115 848 4200

Chris - NTU rep
i rang them up at the beginning of August but they were already closed for all the computer science courses even for second year transfer and this week also the same reply. So i guessing it's impossible?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi Ray12521

If you have been told that by the admissions team then unfortunately that is what the case would be - clearing has shut for NTU courses which means that courses are therefore full.

Sorry that wasn't the outcome you were looking for, but good luck with the rest of your studies

Chris - NTU rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 30 Jan '20

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.49%
Excited (156)
9.1%
Worried (306)
17.85%
Terrified (381)
22.23%
Meh (169)
9.86%
Confused (37)
2.16%