The Student Room Group

Clearing and adjustment difference help

I know that adjustment is for students who exceed the grades of their uni offer and can decide to choose another course if they want to and clearing is for students without offers/ who were released from their offers.

However, will the uni options available in clearing be the same as the unis available through adjustment?

This is because I have decided to change my mind and study CS instead of engineering and my unis that I'm holding offers with aren't allowing me to change. I have looked at the options available for clearing and don't like any of the unis available. I'm now getting worried that I won't be able to go off to uni this year unless, some unis which I like appear through adjustment.

Also, should I contact my uni on results day just in case there are vacancies on the course, even though its over-subscribed (bristol CS )

Any advice would be appreciated
Original post by john_iqbal786
I know that adjustment is for students who exceed the grades of their uni offer and can decide to choose another course if they want to and clearing is for students without offers/ who were released from their offers.

However, will the uni options available in clearing be the same as the unis available through adjustment?

This is because I have decided to change my mind and study CS instead of engineering and my unis that I'm holding offers with aren't allowing me to change. I have looked at the options available for clearing and don't like any of the unis available. I'm now getting worried that I won't be able to go off to uni this year unless, some unis which I like appear through adjustment.

Also, should I contact my uni on results day just in case there are vacancies on the course, even though its over-subscribed (bristol CS )

Any advice would be appreciated

More unis may enter clearing on results day if they find themselves in clearing, and often unis do enter into adjustment even if they aren't in clearing.

If your current offers won't allow you to switch then I think on results day it would be a better use of your time to contact other unis first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending