ArjunMepa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Has anyone done a Btec Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT/Computing and has gained a a degree in a computing reacted course . If so, which university did you go to and what grade did you get in your first , second and and third year.

This is information would be really helpful as i am first year student currently studying Btec Level 3 extended diploma in IT/Computing QCF with a mix of business, networking and software development and maths units.
robharris123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My son did an extended diploma which according to Pearson is the equivalent to 3 A levels. He achieved D*D*D* grades. With these grades he went on to study for an HND. He graduated last year with Distinctions in all modules. Last year he went on to the third year of a BSc in Information and Data Systems. He has just graduated with a First. So as far as he was concerned the Extended Diploma was a good stepping stone to a Degree.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Got D*D*D* in the IT/Computing Extended diploma and went on to graduate in Computer Science from Royal Holloway, University of London. And currently just finishing off my MSc (masters) at a different uni ranked in the top 10 for Computer Science.

What are you hoping to go into? I would highly recommend going for Computer Science as a degree choice, arguably the most sort after degree if you want to work in a Technical capacity and gives you the freedom to go into anything after graduating due to how broad Computer Science is compared to other niche degrees in Computing areas.
wolto
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ArjunMepa)
Has anyone done a Btec Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT/Computing and has gained a a degree in a computing reacted course . If so, which university did you go to and what grade did you get in your first , second and and third year.

This is information would be really helpful as i am first year student currently studying Btec Level 3 extended diploma in IT/Computing QCF with a mix of business, networking and software development and maths units.
Finished college this year with 3xD* and got offers from all the universities I applied for including top 10 and top 15 unis. Would update this when I get into the university in August as I'm currently waiting on GCSE results which I'm not too confident about
ArjunMepa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by yt7777)
Got D*D*D* in the IT/Computing Extended diploma and went on to graduate in Computer Science from Royal Holloway, University of London. And currently just finishing off my MSc (masters) at a different uni ranked in the top 10 for Computer Science.

What are you hoping to go into? I would highly recommend going for Computer Science as a degree choice, arguably the most sort after degree if you want to work in a Technical capacity and gives you the freedom to go into anything after graduating due to how broad Computer Science is compared to other niche degrees in Computing areas.

Hi there, thats really good im in my second year now studying level 3 extended diploma in IT (Cybesecurity and Networking Modules) , i hope to gain D*D*D* along with 2 additional units which is in data analysis and mining and Mathematics for IT practitioners. Thereby, increasing my chances of getting into a top 20/30 university .

I do currently have 2 weeks work experience in digital forensics and cyber crime and i hope to undertake 47 day placement along with my course funded by my college, along with my studies

In terms of what i want to go into later on as i have variety of challenging fields that i need experience from other jobs that i may been into in relation to the career fields i want to go into. For instance: Forensic Accounting, Digital Forensics, Cyber crime Prevention Unit and Cloud Computing and development

Unit 3: Information Systems
Unit 5: Managing Computer networks
Unit 19: Computer Systems Architecture
Unit 12: IT Technical support
Unit 24: Controlling Systems Using IT
Unit 32: Networked Systems security
Unit 13: IT Troubleshooting and repair
Unit 25: Maintaining Computer Systems
Unit 29: Installing and Upgrading Software
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.01%
England (109)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.36%
Germany (38)
11.76%
Spain (6)
1.86%