Facebook flags American Declaration of Independence as Hate Speech

Watch
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
It was part of the document’s “Bill of Particulars” against Britain’s King George III: “He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.”

Mr. Stinnett dryly replied in an article about the rejection, “Perhaps had Thomas Jefferson written it as ‘Native Americans at a challenging stage of cultural development’ that would have been better. Unfortunately, Jefferson, like most British colonists of his day, did not hold an entirely friendly view of Native Americans.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ce-hate-speec/
Chucke1992
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I guess people stop thinking about challenging stage of cultural develop if the axe is flying in their face
FcukBritistan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Many Natives were merciless savages who scalped people and had human sacrifices.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FcukBritistan)
Many Natives were merciless savages who scalped people and had human sacrifices.
As opposed to the settlers who raped, scalped, pillaged and actively went about committing genocide :rolleyes:
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And the point of doing this is?
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FcukBritistan)
Are you talking about pre-colonial era North America? Or modern day Glasgow?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.92%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.42%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (55)
24.02%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
11.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed