IB score slightly missed uni requirements? Watch

Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by descosmo)
Wow that is so helpful!! Thanks! 20% doesn't seem like too bad of a statistic, but that might just be me being hopeful(:
Psychology isn't Law...like not in the nearest sense.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Psychology isn't Law...like not in the nearest sense.
Law is a similarly competitive course so may give an indication of Durham's attitude to accepting near misses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Law is a similarly competitive course so may give an indication of Durham's attitude to accepting near misses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure how a course with an
86% offer rate....(7 percent higher then my lowly course)
Compares to a course with 64% (Law)

Psychology isnt the same level of competition as law. (I cant even believe how someone so knowledgeable could even argue that). Amazing.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not sure how a course with an
86% offer rate....(7 percent higher then my lowly course)
Compares to a course with 64% (Law)

Psychology isnt the same level of competition as law. (I cant even believe how someone so knowledgeable could even argue that). Amazing.
Offer rate can sometimes mislead you. What's Warwick's offer rate for Maths? Does that make it an uncompetitive course?

Psychology at Durham is ranked 5th on CUG, and Law is 7th. It's a comparable course for this quick and simple exercise and in the absence of better data.

If you're so concerned why not issue an FOI yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Offer rate can sometimes mislead you. What's Warwick's offer rate for Maths? Does that make it an uncompetitive course?

Psychology at Durham is ranked 5th on CUG, and Law is 7th. It's a comparable course for this quick and simple exercise and in the absence of better data.

If you're so concerned why not issue an FOI yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im not concerned at all, but i also havent heard of a single person not being able to find university accomodation due to clearing, its no longer an excercise where a few people miss their offer, huge groupings of people are placed through clearing, as missing is the new normal apparently.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im not concerned at all, but i also havent heard of a single person not being able to find university accomodation due to clearing, its no longer an excercise where a few people miss their offer, huge groupings of people are placed through clearing, as missing is the new normal apparently.
So why do just a few give an accommodation guarantee to clearing or insurance applicants but most don't (including Exeter) if it wasn't a potential issue? I certainly do know some who had to arrange private accommodation after missing out on halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ohdearstudying
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So I found this FOI: it's for Law at Durham and is for all applicants not just IB but you might find it interesting.

I've slightly reformatted the data for easier reading:
Attachment 761076

It looks like about 20% of Lawyers accepted had missed their Firm or Insurance Durham offer... (dunno what happened in 2015 & 16 though...)

Source: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...s_for_law_m1_6
I genuinely am shocked at his “high” the acceptance rate is, slightly reassuring. Thank you so much for this!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
anxiughty
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I’m currently in the same situation as you are in and would like to ask a question too lol does Durham prioritise A level near miss candidates over IB near miss candidates?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anxiughty)
Hey I’m currently in the same situation as you are in and would like to ask a question too lol does Durham prioritise A level near miss candidates over IB near miss candidates?
Nope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
anxiughty
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Follow up question: from the data thing u posted about the missed offer stuff, are all those that missed the conditions all near miss or all missed (both near miss and just rly went from A*AA to CCC or smt) thanks for the answer btw!
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anxiughty)
Follow up question: from the data thing u posted about the missed offer stuff, are all those that missed the conditions all near miss or all missed (both near miss and just rly went from A*AA to CCC or smt) thanks for the answer btw!
The data was for all misses, but you can assume only some near misses were accepted. The bigger the miss the less likely it will be ok.

In 2017 298 law applicants missed their offer, of which 64 ended up being accepted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Daniel Shin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Any chance to have a place for LLB in King’s which I missed the offer of 766 35. I have 775 41. And my component indicate the 5 is only 1% to 6, so close
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Daniel Shin)
Any chance to have a place for LLB in King’s which I missed the offer of 766 35. I have 775 41. And my component indicate the 5 is only 1% to 6, so close
What has KCL itself said?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Daniel Shin
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
They said that they will consider after the result of A level in Mid of Aug. That’s why I’m very worry about that
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
They said that they will consider after the result of A level in Mid of Aug. That’s why I’m very worry about that
So they haven't rejected you, which they could have done, so that's a positive . They need to wait and see how well the rest of the cohort does on A-level results day.

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Daniel Shin
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I hope so , thank you
mesut man
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
what does having an iritable bowl have anything to do with uni
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by mesut man)
what does having an iritable bowl have anything to do with uni
International Baccalaureate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
infiinitee_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm in the same position as you as I've also missed my King's offer . If it's any consolation, I think equivalent grades are favoured over dropping one grade
Daniel Shin
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
What is your grading ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University