Seri's Summer Struggles (Summer Bucket List) Watch

username3558104
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi! I've decided to enter the summer bucket list challenge and this will be my entry. My family don't plan on going on holiday so I'll have a lot of free time in those 6 weeks. My goals will be mainly academic-centred as a result.

About me:
Spoiler:
Show

Welcome to my bucket list!

I'm a 14 year old male from London (with asian ethnicity) and I'm not very challenged in trying new things. I used to read for fun but I've been completely knocked out of the hobby. Hopefully my GCSE Literature course can spark that back up. I'm also very interested in debating, news & politics, education (I'm a nerd), and TV shows! Who doesn't love a TV show, eh? My favourite shows are Riverdale and 13 Reasons Why. Feel free to throw some TV recommendations my way. I also hold a good interest for all things related to Marvel.

The List:
  • Complete the "Frankenstein" book - This could be one of my set texts next year for GCSE Literature, I got it on sale too at a book fair for only £4! There's 24 chapters + 3 letters so I will be reading 1 chapter a day. This should take me around 24 days to complete if I stick to it.
  • Refine my GCSE Maths skills and practice for the Further Maths entry exam - My school will be offering the FSMQ and I'm really interested as it will help me in GCSE Maths too. I plan on practising a lot of higher maths papers then doing some further maths revision from a CGP book (borrowing my friend's online account.) Some of you may say that doing school work in the summer is boring but I really want to enter FM and improve my skills. I've lacked in the recent maths mocks as my grade was an 8 in the EOY, but I usually get 9s (not to boast or anything.)
  • Re-watch the X-Men and Marvel films - Just want to refresh my mind on the plots before the new movies are released.

and more to come...!

I will be sure to regularly update you all on my goals and I'll try to add more goals as soon as I think of them. If you would like regular updates/mentions please tell me.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Frankenstein is actually a good book, I enjoyed writing about it for English. Good luck!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username3558104
Rep:
?
Update #1

Just read the first 20 pages of Frankenstein (all 4 letters) which is about a 1/12th of the book. This is where Walton meets Frankenstein while he is on a voyage. I'll read the first chapter tommorow. Off to a good start.
username3558104
Rep:
?
Update #2

I'm going to read another chapter of Frankenstein and then attempt P1 from the 2017 Edexcel GCSE Maths exams. My aim is to estimate my current grade so I can build upon it.
username3558104
Rep:
?
Just did P1. I got my mark for the paper and multiplied it by 3 to see the overall mark I'd get if I performed like this on all 3 papers. I got a level 7 as the average. Not bad tho, there's still 2 more years for improvement, plus, I've only learnt a third of the content. :P Time to read some more Frankenstein.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
That's an awesome grade :eek:
How's the frakenstein reading going?
username3558104
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
That's an awesome grade :eek:
How's the frakenstein reading going?
I’m about 1/3 finished with the book. It’s getting interesting. I’m sorry I don’t update this blog much because not many people are following it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by seriouslygcse)
Hi! I've decided to enter the summer bucket list challenge and this will be my entry. My family don't plan on going on holiday so I'll have a lot of free time in those 6 weeks. My goals will be mainly academic-centred as a result.

About me:
Spoiler:
Show

Welcome to my bucket list!

I'm a 14 year old male from London (with asian ethnicity) and I'm not very challenged in trying new things. I used to read for fun but I've been completely knocked out of the hobby. Hopefully my GCSE Literature course can spark that back up. I'm also very interested in debating, news & politics, education (I'm a nerd), and TV shows! Who doesn't love a TV show, eh? My favourite shows are Riverdale and 13 Reasons Why. Feel free to throw some TV recommendations my way. I also hold a good interest for all things related to Marvel.

The List:
  • Complete the "Frankenstein" book - This could be one of my set texts next year for GCSE Literature, I got it on sale too at a book fair for only £4! There's 24 chapters + 3 letters so I will be reading 1 chapter a day. This should take me around 24 days to complete if I stick to it.
  • Refine my GCSE Maths skills and practice for the Further Maths entry exam - My school will be offering the FSMQ and I'm really interested as it will help me in GCSE Maths too. I plan on practising a lot of higher maths papers then doing some further maths revision from a CGP book (borrowing my friend's online account.) Some of you may say that doing school work in the summer is boring but I really want to enter FM and improve my skills. I've lacked in the recent maths mocks as my grade was an 8 in the EOY, but I usually get 9s (not to boast or anything.)
  • Re-watch the X-Men and Marvel films - Just want to refresh my mind on the plots before the new movies are released.

and more to come...!

I will be sure to regularly update you all on my goals and I'll try to add more goals as soon as I think of them. If you would like regular updates/mentions please tell me.
How are the rewatches going? Definitely something I want to do at some point
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (7)
38.89%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (5)
27.78%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (2)
11.11%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (1)
5.56%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (3)
16.67%

Watched Threads