TheRadishPrince
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

Leader: TheRadishPrince (me)
Deputy Leader: Saracen's Fez

Fancy becoming a Lib Dem? Click here to read more about joining our Model House of Commons.

Current MPs list:

36) Ayyimmanerd
37) igotthatsauce
38) Joleee
39) Mainline421
40) Saracen's Fez
41) shadowdweller
42) snazzy viking
43) TheRadishPrince
44) toronto353
Last edited by TheRadishPrince; 1 month ago
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I am pleased to announce that today, the TSR Liberal Party has voted for change, to once more become the TSR Liberal Democrats following internal discussions and a private ballot.

This development is not simply cosmetic. After a disappointing General Election, we seek to present ourselves as a viable and credible alternative to the Conservative Minority Government propped up by the Libertarians and a Labour Party on the left, alone.

Whilst we are committed to the manifesto we stood on at the last election, we’d like to emphasise some other policies, specifically ones that have been repealed by the Great Repeal Act, including legalising Euthanasia, lowering the voting age to 16, legalisation of drugs and many more firmly liberal policies.

We will also seek to balance the economics of the left and right - a belief in economic liberalism tempered by the state providing services where the free market fails to do so adequately.

Ultimately, this term is one of opposition and one of building for the future. We will continue to hold the Conservative Minority Government to account, as well as the Labour Official Opposition, whilst we put the building blocks in place for a liberal future.

This process will take time. But I hope that under my leadership, this party will grow once more with a steady flow of legislation, a high level of scrutiny on legislation and a resurgence in active membership.

- PetrosAC, Party Leader
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am pleased to announce that 04MR17 has been elected Deputy Leader of the TSR Liberal Democrats. I'd like to thank his predecessor LifeIsFine for his work in the role
CountBrandenburg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I look forward to seeing how you guys do now with a rebrand ( I hear it isn’t a knee jerk reaction to the result last election but one that makes sense for irl appeal I guess)
Congrats to 04MR17 on his election and Petros nice graphic
username1450924
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Congrats to 04. Do not know if he is cut out for leadership but we shall see.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CountBrandenburg)
I look forward to seeing how you guys do now with a rebrand ( I hear it isn’t a knee jerk reaction to the result last election but one that makes sense for irl appeal I guess)
Congrats to 04MR17 on his election and Petros nice graphic
I'm just happy people like my graphics tbh <3
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I see Snufkin has gotten his wish

:rip: Liberals
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not sure if you remember but you became Liberals because as Liberal Democrats you suffered heavy election losses after Prick Egg tricked the students with tuition fees. While I commend you for admitting what you really are after so many terms in disguise, are you sure it was the right choice? :laugh: I don't think the students are that gullible to fall for it again.

I also find the choice of colours rather interesting because black tends to be associated with totalitarian parties, particularly in popular culture. Is it perhaps a nod to PetrosAC's stable leadership despite heavy election and activity losses and sub-par voting review results? Do you have to address him as High Chancellor already? :awesome:

Strength Through Diversity, Diversity Through Rebellion!
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mr T 999)
I see Sam has gotten his wish

:rip: Liberals
It wasn’t just Sam’s wish, but yes
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
I'm not sure if you remember but you became Liberals because as Liberal Democrats you suffered heavy election losses after Prick Egg tricked the students with tuition fees. While I commend you for admitting what you really are after so many terms in disguise, are you sure it was the right choice? :laugh:

I also find the choice of colours rather interesting because black tends to be associated with totalitarian parties, particularly in popular culture. Is it perhaps a nod to PetrosAC's stable leadership despite heavy election and activity losses and sub-par voting review results? Do you have to address him as High Chancellor already? :awesome:

Strength Through Diversity, Diversity Through Rebellion!
We’ve always been “Liberal Democrats” even under the Liberal Party name, and we feel that going back to our roots with a party name recognition will make it easier for people to understand our views, and hopefully help recruit new members.

I don’t need reminding of the reasons for the name change initially in 2012, but a lot has changed in the last 6 years.

The Colours are the actual colours of the RL Liberal Democrats. I also wouldn’t call remaining in the 7-9 seat bubble we’ve always aimed for as heavy losses, and whilst our voting record so far didn’t start of well, we now have everything in order.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
Not High Chancellor. Petros is my pimp. Make no mistake.
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Cool graphics
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please explain this name-change move considering your party isn't even that Liberal?

Always thought 'Refugee Party' was on the card.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Not High Chancellor. Petros is my pimp. Make no mistake.
So… you're his ‘biatch’ by your own admission?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SoggyCabbages)
Please explain this name-change move considering your party isn't even that Liberal?

Always thought 'Refugee Party' was on the card.
Allow me to provide the following diagram to explain...

Party Name Change Explanantion DiagramTSR Liberal Party => TSR Liberal Democrats

Comprendé?:curious:
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well done to 04MR17.

The name change is still hot crap however, and highlights the growth in social democratic members of your party (just like the real life Liberal Party’s name change did in the 1980s.)

More social democrats means you are no longer as supportive of freedom, which is obviously bad from my point of view.
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh dear, Limp Dems are back.
Spoiler:
Show

On another note, congrats 04MR17.
Saoirse:3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Congrats 04MR17, and best of luck with your new position in the re-branded Refugees&Remain Party
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Connor27)
Well done to 04MR17.

The name change is still hot crap however, and highlights the growth in social democratic members of your party (just like the real life Liberal Party’s name change did in the 1980s.)

More social democrats means you are no longer as supportive of freedom, which is obviously bad from my point of view.
I’m probably one of if not the most right-leaning member in the party now and I backed this proposal - the name change says nothing about a so-called rise in social democrats
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
'This name change is not just cosmetic'...'we are committed to the manifesto we stood upon'.

Seems a needless change to me and i doubt it will help you electorally.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (378)
67.14%
No (185)
32.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed