PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aph will be proxying for Lumos_ until they're able to continue as an MP. Thank you to bnzss for proxying in the meantime.

Saracen's Fez (quoting Jammy Duel too so both are aware)
Lumos_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
Aph will be proxying for Lumos_ until they're able to continue as an MP. Thank you to bnzss for proxying in the meantime.

Will be back on Monday
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Understood – until I'm powered up I can't personally let anyone into the group though.

Edit: Potentially this isn't necessary in this case – just be advised that any items that Aph has voted on as a Labour MP he can't then vote on as a Lib Dem MP.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
TSR Liberal Democrats? Jeez, things really have changed.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Their name is now doubly a lie :3
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Their name is now doubly a lie :3
Things have, but you haven’t I see :’)
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Things have, but you haven’t I see :’)
I'm assuming there was supposed to be a "changed" in there
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm assuming there was supposed to be a "changed" in there
Sharp as always

Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mainline421 (formerly Exams421) is now back so I will no longer be proxying for him.

Jammy Duel
Why have you just voted on the latest bill given the above?
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
Why have you just voted on the latest bill given the above?
Because I'm an absolute idiot :/

Sorry Saracen's Fez - Please dis-count my votes on the three divisions tonight
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Understood – until I'm powered up I can't personally let anyone into the group though.

Edit: Potentially this isn't necessary in this case – just be advised that any items that Aph has voted on as a Labour MP he can't then vote on as a Lib Dem MP.
Mr Speaker, since when has it been constitutional for an MP to sit in two seats, while Aph remains a Labour MP surely he cannot also proxy for the Lib Dems. Unless I've missed something Aph is still in seat 19
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr Speaker, since when has it been constitutional for an MP to sit in two seats, while Aph remains a Labour MP surely he cannot also proxy for the Lib Dems. Unless I've missed something Aph is still in seat 19
My understanding is that Aph is no longer serving as a Labour MP. If they haven’t replaced that seat yet, that is their issue, not ours
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My understanding is that Aph is no longer serving as a Labour MP. If they haven’t replaced that seat yet, that is their issue, not ours
I double checked through the Labour thread and have now triple checked and he was never announced as removed as an MP, I was not PMed (but then Wobbly has ignored my advice to keep me in the loop on things as a back up), Fez has not told me in his capacity as speaker so I can keep my copy of the voting review accurate, and he still shows in the Labour OP as an MP (but then again they've been too lazy to update that at all)
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I double checked through the Labour thread and have now triple checked and he was never announced as removed as an MP, I was not PMed (but then Wobbly has ignored my advice to keep me in the loop on things as a back up), Fez has not told me in his capacity as speaker so I can keep my copy of the voting review accurate, and he still shows in the Labour OP as an MP (but then again they've been too lazy to update that at all)
As I said, that is their issue, and if they miss votes because of it, it is on them. They can’t expect a member of another party to keep voting for them whilst they go through whatever process is required to simply appoint a proxy
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mistake on my part, given there was no announcement on here that Aph had defected on here I had completely forgotten it happened.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm interpreting Aph's acceptance of a proxy role as a resignation of seat 19. It is up to Labour to find a replacement MP. My memory from handing over the leadership of the party is that that is understood by Labour's CLT.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm interpreting Aph's acceptance of a proxy role as a resignation of seat 19. It is up to Labour to find a replacement MP. My memory from handing over the leadership of the party is that that is understood by Labour's CLT.
The GD also states that when you defect you loose your seat so I assumed I’d my defection was my resignation?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Se above, given that these sorts of things are announced offsite because some people seem to think the best way to keep the MHoC alive is to not use it (and blame the CT) I had completely missed it
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Se above, given that these sorts of things are announced offsite because some people seem to think the best way to keep the MHoC alive is to not use it (and blame the CT) I had completely missed it
OK, in any case there is a vacancy in seat 18 that Labour need to fill.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads