Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Se above, given that these sorts of things are announced offsite because some people seem to think the best way to keep the MHoC alive is to not use it (and blame the CT) I had completely missed it
I’d like to point out I announced it in the bar too...
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aph)
I’d like to point out I announced it in the bar too...
Don't think that's the correct place to announce things; seeing as the speakership team don't tend to want to trawl through all the rubbish posts every day to find any important nuggets.

#AphDenied.
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Looks like the limp dems have become more left wing with Aph in their ranks
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mr T 999)
Looks like the limp dems have become more left wing with Aph in their ranks
If one member dictates policy in your party I'd be very worried T, but that doesn't happen in this one
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
If one member dictates policy in your party I'd be very worried T, but that doesn't happen in this one
A clever rebuttal, but would you really dispute the idea that the Liberal Democrats have moved from a centrist, if not centre-right party to the centre-left, and has this not occured since more right-wing figures have left/becoming inactive and more left-wing figures have arrived?

I do not see a reason to believe that the admission of Aph is an explicit acceptance from the membership of the Liberal Democrats that it is now an openly centre-left party, which I have no issue with in a meta sense as we have been missing a party of that nature.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Saunders16)
A clever rebuttal, but would you really dispute the idea that the Liberal Democrats have moved from a centrist, if not centre-right party to the centre-left, and has this not occured since more right-wing figures have left/becoming inactive and more left-wing figures have arrived?

I do not see a reason to believe that the admission of Aph is an explicit acceptance from the membership of the Liberal Democrats that it is now an openly centre-left party, which I have no issue with in a meta sense as we have been missing a party of that nature.
We don’t really see the need to define ourselves as Centre-Left or Centre-Right. We’re a Centrist(ish) Party open to both Centre-Left and Centre-Right members and ideas
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lumos_has returned and will be retaking his seat from Aph
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

We've had a small reshuffle in terms of spokesperson roles, and I've updated the OP. Pugglet becomes Spokesperson for Home Affairs and Justice, and I become Spokesperson for Exiting the European Union.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good to see you taking on a spokesperson role Pugglet
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What does a spokesman do that other members don't or can't?
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Good to see you taking on a spokesperson role Pugglet
Thank you
I need to be more active and this may help
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
What does a spokesman do that other members don't or can't?
Very little else. It's our own little Shadow Cabinet though. Not that it's possible to hold your Ministers to account because they don't do anything

Speaking of that, any chance we could have a cheeky PMQs soon? I'm sure Saoirse:3 would also like one
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pugglet)
Thank you
I need to be more active and this may help
I look forward to seeing more of you on-site then!
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Very little else. It's our own little Shadow Cabinet though. Not that it's possible to hold your Ministers to account because they don't do anything stupid
ftfy
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Very little else. It's our own little Shadow Cabinet though. Not that it's possible to hold your Ministers to account because they don't do anything
You don't look like Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition and I haven't seen a lot of shadowing from you either though, mister.

As for the ministers, you should see the department reviews and associated bills they're working on. It will take that cheeky smirk off your face and your only option will be to stand alone in the corner in embarrassment.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CoffeeGeek)
ftfy
That was good Though an SOI would be even better

You don't look like Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition and I haven't seen a lot of shadowing from you either though, mister.

As for the ministers, you should see the department reviews and associated bills they're working on. It will take that cheeky smirk off your face and your only option will be to stand alone in the corner in embarrassment.
Hard to shadow something of no substance

If you're willing to share what they're working on, I am more than happy to have the smirk wiped off of my face.

Anyway, about that PMQs? Or do I need to spam AtG?
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyway, about that PMQs? Or do I need to spam AtG?
PMQ are a useless relic and so let's not revive it. You can ask anything you want at any time in AtG.
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That was good Though an SOI would be even better
You don't need to wait for a Ministerial Report to do your job of "opposing" (haven't seen much of it even though we've been submitting bills) so you should probably work on that "opposing" bit instead of looking for excuses. :h:
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
PMQ are a useless relic and so let's not revive it. You can ask anything you want at any time in AtG.
PMQs encourage people that ordinarily wouldn't ask questions to ask questions. I'm not asking you to do what I did and have two MQs a week, just a PMQs every fortnight or at least every month would be nice. It engages members that sometimes wouldn't get involved in direct debates
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CoffeeGeek)
You don't need to wait for a Ministerial Report to do your job of "opposing" (haven't seen much of it even though we've been submitting bills) so you should probably work on that "opposing" bit instead of looking for excuses. :h:
Oops, should have stuck this in my reply to LP.

Anyway, the Government has submitted very little legislation, even compared to the last few. We're over 2 months in now and we've hardly seen anything. At this point in my Government, people were calling for multiple SOIs. You guys have been given slack because you're a 16 seat, one party Government, but you've been given too much now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise