han_nah1234
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i dropped out of college last year and im restarting in September. i have no idea what to take and i should have finalised it weeks ago.
last year i took: maths, biology, psychology and chemistry. i like all of them but i realised that i didnt want to go down the science path and i wanted to have a career in writing so i needed English .
this year im taking English lit., maybe sociology, photography or RS
i want to do subjects uni's like but these are mostly "soft" subjects.
i was also considering history- cause its facilitating- but i dont want to take subjects that all require memorising **** tons of things.
is taking a science a good idea or not to get into english? IM SO LOST AND CONFUSED ABOUT SOFT AND FACILITATING SUBJECTS
please help! i need advice- what should i do ???
jen_04
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i'm not doing a levels but hope its ok to help. if i were you i'd pick one thing i'd enjoy (maybe something practical), pick something that's relevant to what i wanted to do after college, pick something else that's relevant to second point (ie: if you chose science, pick maths or physics to back you up on or ie: if you chose english literature maybe pick a language with history).
MJ4545
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's very much dependent on the course you want to study at university and the requirements they impose.

Let's just say it's English. You'll have to look at the university requirements.

And if it's just an English A Level requirement then I would 100% say go for the subjects that you most enjoy and think will do well in. Don't worry about the idea of it being a "soft subject", all A levels are hard and unless there are specific requirements for you to have a specific type of subject then it won't matter what subjects you pick but it's the grades u get that will prove definitive

So if all requirements are met/ or there are none, then go for the subjects you most enjoy
emptystudent
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by han_nah1234)
i dropped out of college last year and im restarting in September. i have no idea what to take and i should have finalised it weeks ago.
last year i took: maths, biology, psychology and chemistry. i like all of them but i realised that i didnt want to go down the science path and i wanted to have a career in writing so i needed English .
this year im taking English lit., maybe sociology, photography or RS
i want to do subjects uni's like but these are mostly "soft" subjects.
i was also considering history- cause its facilitating- but i dont want to take subjects that all require memorising **** tons of things.
is taking a science a good idea or not to get into english? IM SO LOST AND CONFUSED ABOUT SOFT AND FACILITATING SUBJECTS
please help! i need advice- what should i do ???
I would say to take math. It's easy you just need to do a bunch of past papers. If you have math with english lit plus any sof subject your life is lit. unis only look at couple subs. I would recommend doing history , math and eng lit. SCi is a bad idea if u wanna go into language I mean wtf will u do with bio and chem in lit?. make English sentence of formulas ? XD. Math is a heavy sub and most unis consider is damn good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (432)
56.47%
I don't have everything I need (333)
43.53%

Watched Threads