Can I use an expired passport as ID in a club?

Watch
Charley369
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m 17 (18 in October) and it’s my best friends birthday next weekend in which she’ll be 18 and wants to go out to a few clubs, it’s only gonna be a one time thing before I turn 18 but I don’t want to miss out. My sister said I can borrow her old passport which has expired last month but the corners have been cut However. Would I get away with using this as it still shows a valid age and me and my sister look really alike too.
Jeffrey101
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As long as it shows your date of birth then its all good
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nope, they wouldnt accept mine in Nottingham and i know the bouncers, they were like got to be valid lol rules from high up.
MJ4545
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It literally depends on the place. You'll find some places you'll be let in but others u won't be .
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Most places will accept it. I used an expired passport as ID for two years and only got turned away once.

I'd obviously advise against using her ID though, I've heard of fake/borrowed IDs being confiscated and handed to the police. At the end of the day you're making someone else break the law if they serve you so the club will want to cover themselves.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Nope, they wouldnt accept mine in Nottingham and i know the bouncers, they were like got to be valid lol rules from high up.
Until I was 21, I didn't have any formal ID at all. The bouncers must not have liked you.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Until I was 21, I didn't have any formal ID at all. The bouncers must not have liked you.
different time in the world.....could get in with just student i.d. until there was one of those events on new years with the kid getting knocked out and going viral. Since all the clubs are owned by one company/person rules went nuclear lol.

i also messed up by saying i had valid i.d. at home lol and went and got it and was then let in.
Judjud123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nope especially on a passport,drivers licence maybe , but not when I’m on **** I’ll catch ya
drbluebox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What a necro.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.41%
I'm not sure (59)
4.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.22%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (612)
48.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise