would i get into UCL?

Watch this thread
han_nah1234
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i want to study english at uni - my top choices are Edinburgh, UCL and queens.
i really want to get into UCL but im worried about my a level choice: english lit, sociology and photography (with the college magazine and creative writing as additional studies)
on their website these are on the 'preferred subjects' list but im worried since 2 of them are 'soft' subjects.
im aiming for As. and if - hopefully- i get them, would i stand a good chance at getting into UCL or not?
GCSE's: german-c, lit.-9, lang- 8, maths-7, history A*
thank you
qw1234
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
You do meet the requirements so you definitely have a chance. However, taking more "hard" subjects will obviously increase your chances.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by han_nah1234)
i want to study english at uni - my top choices are Edinburgh, UCL and queens.
i really want to get into UCL but im worried about my a level choice: english lit, sociology and photography (with the college magazine and creative writing as additional studies)
on their website these are on the 'preferred subjects' list but im worried since 2 of them are 'soft' subjects.
im aiming for As. and if - hopefully- i get them, would i stand a good chance at getting into UCL or not?
GCSE's: german-c, lit.-9, lang- 8, maths-7, history A*
thank you
If UCL has the subjects on their preferred list then it doesn't really matter if other people view them as soft. If you are predicted 3 A grades then you obviously stand a chance of getting offers.

However obviously UCL is a pretty competitive uni so there are no guarantees of getting an offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
42.29%
The paper was reasonable (225)
42.86%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.14%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.71%

Watched Threads