Could you imagine a life without Whatsapp?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am 18 years old and never had Whatsapp or other FAMOUS social networks like Facebook or Skype. I am the only one in my year who lives that way. Naturally I don't have many friends. No one is interested in mailing or even writing a letter. It is unbelievable hard to get important informations without reading them in a chat.

So do you think you could 'survive' without those apps?
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Y
(Original post by Andrew97)
Yes.
Have you tried?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
It'd be more difficult, but certainly possible, for me to survive without WhatsApp. I used WhatsApp group chats very frequently for work-related discussions.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Y

Have you tried?
I did it before these existed.

I only use WhatsApp for uni work (and I don’t understand why we can’t do it over text)
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Of course - there was a time before Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, etc.
4D Chess
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No friends so yeh.
Simone250900
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
possib;y, i have tried and been happy but also fellt so left out so if i wanted to i could but it woud be hard which is rediculois
A Mysterious Lord
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Easily, I don’t use it.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am 18 years old and never had Whatsapp or other FAMOUS social networks like Facebook or Skype. I am the only one in my year who lives that way. Naturally I don't have many friends. No one is interested in mailing or even writing a letter. It is unbelievable hard to get important informations without reading them in a chat.

So do you think you could 'survive' without those apps?
Of course.

(1) I am "old" - not that old but born in the late 80s. I grew up with my parents having the first mobile phones in the 90s. I then got one myself for school. I had to use text messages (SMS) and physically call people. It was an immense improvement on using landline phones. Whatsapp and other social media is merely building on text messages and peggybacking on the ubiquity of mobile internet.

(2) I work as a doc in the NHS - we still use hugely outdated technology including :eek: pagers and fax. Do you guys actually know what those are?

So yes.
TheDepressedOne
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m not that old, but I can just about remember having to use dial-up connection for the internet, so I can imagine life without it.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, I'd just be more lonely during the holidays
username3934898
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think anyone could if they put their mind to it. I use Facebook to talk to my real life friends (only have 2 though lol) and I kind of have to because I don't have a smartphone and it's my only way of communication if we make plans or something at school happens or to discuss homework. I can relate sucks not having many friends the second I tell someone I don't have snap or insta they lose interest in me. At the same time I don't think having social media is a bad thing at all.
Kibser
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes. It's a life I live every day.
gaab123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
WhatsApp is my life sorry I can't. I need to go now I just got a message.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All these people saying yes are lying, because they are all on an electronic social platform right now on their phone/laptop/tablet, and are fully plugged in.
Jono*
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I only used WhatsApp, no other social media (I consider whatsapp a messaging app rather than social media). I had plenty of friends at school, I was just never in to that sort of thing, nothing beats real life interaction. I survive just fine (and would too without WhatsApp)
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
All these people saying yes are lying, because they are all on an electronic social platform right now on their phone/laptop/tablet, and are fully plugged in.
Desktop. :noway:
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Except there's that thing that everyone used to do before Whatsapp was invented. "Texting" I think it was called.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Desktop. :noway:
Old tech, is still tech.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads