.....noodles clogging bathroom sink drain

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ok bear with me, I know it sounds stupid and it is but PLEASE HELP WHAT DO I DO?? I DON'T WANT TO GET MY ASS WHOOPED (which i would've got anyway if i didn't eat the noodles). I tried pouring a bit of baking soda and boiling water down the drain but it didn't completely work and my mom's gonna get suspicious soon enough and i need it gone right NOW.

God i love being an idiot
Anonymous #1
??
Anonymous #1
(Original post by theJoyfulGeek)
Plunger. Get a plunger. Use the plunger to unblock the drain, then throw the noodles into the bin.

Also, why did you put them down the sink instead of eating them or putting them in the bin?
I don't think a plunger would work in it? It's a pretty tiny drain and the noodles have gone down pretty deep.

I have no excuses. Can I claim temporary insanity?
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
"Sorry i got some food down the plughole and it's acting a bit funny'

It's too hot for silly drama.

I'd suggest Spirit of Salt/Hydrochloric acid, as that will clear/eat any organic mess from plastic piping, but It's hugely dangerous to use it if you've ALREADY added chemicals, I'd give the plunger a try as it still might dislodge and break up the clog, make sure and block the overflow first.
Anonymous #1
thanks for all the suggestions but it looks like death is the only option left
Claire461
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
thanks for all the suggestions but it looks like death is the only option left
Get a metal coat hanger. Unbend it till it’s straight and put it down the plug hole and keep pushing it down. Then some boiling water. Been there, done that when the grandchildren have emptied them down the plug hole and not put them in the bin.
Little Popcorns
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Why didn’t you eat them?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Seamus123)
Get a metal coat hanger. Unbend it till it’s straight and put it down the plug hole and keep pushing it down. Then some boiling water. Been there, done that when the grandchildren have emptied them down the plug hole and not put them in the bin.
thanks, I'll see if I can do that. Rip sorry to hear that.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
thanks, I'll see if I can do that. Rip sorry to hear that.
Be careful with metal if you have plastic pipes ... a plunger is safer.
3pointonefour
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
You'd better eat those noodles afterwards
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttley79)
Be careful with metal if you have plastic pipes ... a plunger is safer.
problem is i don't have a plunger :/

(Original post by 3pointonefour)
You'd better eat those noodles afterwards
if i can ever get them out
noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I don't think a plunger would work in it? It's a pretty tiny drain and the noodles have gone down pretty deep.

I have no excuses. Can I claim temporary insanity?

I suggest to buy or borrow a small plunger. Yes, that's what they're designed for. Or use a chemical strong enough to dissolve it. Alternatively, contact someone who is a plumber :mario:
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
problem is i don't have a plunger :/

if i can ever get them out
Can you access the U-bend of this sink?
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Look under the sink find the Ubend also knwon as the plastic trap, place a bucket or bowl under it and unscrew and remove it - run water through the sink into the bucket underneath it will clear out the noodles into you bucket dispose of them down the loo or in an outiside grid or use a sieve to drain away the water from the bowl or bucket and then throw em into the bin probably want to put them into a small food bag first though.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttley79)
Can you access the U-bend of this sink?
(Original post by JaseyB)
Look under the sink find the Ubend also knwon as the plastic trap, place a bucket or bowl under it and unscrew and remove it - run water through the sink into the bucket underneath it will clear out the noodles into you bucket dispose of them down the loo or in an outiside grid or use a sieve to drain away the water from the bowl or bucket and then throw em into the bin probably want to put them into a small food bag first though.
i literally have no clue what to do when it comes to any form of plumbing, no tools either. now the water stands for a long time before draining and a few pieces keep swimming back up why did i do this to myself
StriderHort
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
If you can't do anything yourself just tell yr mum ffs
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
i literally have no clue what to do when it comes to any form of plumbing, no tools either. now the water stands for a long time before draining and a few pieces keep swimming back up why did i do this to myself
The Ubend will probably be directly or almost directly underneath the plughole under the sink - 9/10 times you won't need any tools just use your own strength it will be a piece of pipe that bends in the shape of a letter U and will have two large plastic nuts holding it in place these can usually be unscrewed by hand.
Anonymous #1
update: everything's safe my gs and i'm throwing out every single instant noodle i own (but not down the drain this time )
Qiiru
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
LOL,ironically, my Dad and I were just unblocking the kitchen sink and we used a hoover. Successfuly. 😎
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Keiru)
LOL,ironically, my Dad and I were just unblocking the kitchen sink and we used a hoover. Successfuly. 😎
You can't use a normal hoover as the water will break it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (12)
34.29%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (12)
34.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
5.71%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
2.86%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
5.71%
I’m starting to consider my university options (5)
14.29%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.86%

Watched Threads