We demand a real Brexit! What can we do? Watch

Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It seems May now wants a soft Brexit and has ignored pretty much most of the country who demanded a complete separation from the EU dictatorship. We can only be a free country band a powerful proud nation if we get a proper hard Brexit. End the customs union, End the free market, End EEA, pull out of Council of Europe. We want no part of Europe.
What bloody part of “We do not want to be part of Europe in and shape of form” do they not understand?
We students and youth are the nations future we want to start with a clean slate.
How the hell do we ensure we get the full Brexit everyone voted for?
Agent007
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what is the world is soft and hard brexit. I thought brexit was just brexit
StriderHort
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dunno how to tell you this, but a lot of people don't agree with you.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
How the hell do we ensure we get the full Brexit everyone voted for?
Stage an unprecedented political coup and put someone insane enough to implement a hard Brexit at the head of your new dystopian government, because a hard Brexit simply isn't feasible without abandoning the country's chances of prosperity.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go find your own island to drive into the ground rather than one already populated by 60 odd million, the majority of whom don't want a hard Brexit... After all, 48% voted remain and the 52% covered a range of "rather EEA" to "paint the words **** off in 50 foot letters on the White cliffs of Dover", and if only 3% of those wanted EEA or similar, the majority do not want a hard Brexit
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Agent007)
what is the world is soft and hard brexit. I thought brexit was just brexit
A "Soft Brexit" would mean that while we withdraw our membership of the EU, we negotiate membership to certain elements of the Union like access to the Single Market for trading. A "Hard Brexit" would imply a complete withdrawal and see us interacting with the EU like the majority of other non-EU countries.
morc13
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Who do you even speak for? Most young people voted AGAINST brexit.

How do you know that most people want a hard brexit?

Do you think people will vote for a hard brexit if they know that the company they work for will move abroad and they'll lose their job?

Most people voted for brexit to stop immigration, particularly of refugees. That's the main topic of a brexit discussion. Not some idealistic subjective feeling of independence.
Agent007
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
negl, the one and only motivation for brexiteers was to stop immigration. They didn't even care / know about what Brexit will truly mean. Too l8 now tho, no point talking about it. If a decision for soft brexit has been made then there's no point winging about it
Pantera Fan Club
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Brexit means Brexit means Brexit, but it doesn't warrant continued economic uncertainty, evaporating corporations, panicked European CEOs and far-right pushes.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This should be fun.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't feed the troll
:troll:
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Of the 17 million people that voted for Brexit, not one of them bothered to devise a viable plan of how to implement Brexit and extricate ourselves from the EU. They then had the option to elect pro-Brexit MPs. They didn't really bother., In fact the UKIP vote collapsed and they largely voted for their establishment masters.

So people who supported Brexit really need to look at their own actions before they blame others for they see as May's cop out proposals.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
"Of the 17 million people that voted for Brexit, not one of them bothered to devise a viable plan of how to implement Brexit and extricate ourselves from the EU."

That is not our job, that is the job of a government.
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
"Of the 17 million people that voted for Brexit, not one of them bothered to devise a viable plan of how to implement Brexit and extricate ourselves from the EU."

That is not our job, that is the job of a government.
Ah, the passive perspective from someone who prefers the government to think for them.

Thank you for arguing my point for me.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sulfolobus)
Ah, the passive perspective from someone who prefers the government to think for them.

Thank you for arguing my point for me.
I mean I do not have the power of knowledge to create some massive plan detailing exactly how we leave the EU, much like nearly everyone in the UK, I can however make overall judgments but it is the responsibility of the govt to see the plans through and actually make them
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you ever going to stop your whining about Brexit? And you have the cheek to call remainers "remoaners" the irony.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm hoping it'll be hilarious when Brexit slows to a dead halt and is abandoned through sheer incompetence, which is looking REALLY likely, G'ment is teetering day to day, many brexiters are now cowed or cornered, terrified of the 'will of the people' being investigated, or their money, or their voting
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
It seems May now wants a soft Brexit and has ignored pretty much most of the country who demanded a complete separation from the EU dictatorship. We can only be a free country band a powerful proud nation if we get a proper hard Brexit. End the customs union, End the free market, End EEA, pull out of Council of Europe. We want no part of Europe.
I hear all of that. However, neither did you vote for tens of thousands of people to be made redundant as companies move themselves out of the UK to lands that allow for easier access to Europe. We didn't vote for people to leave the UK leaving our services like the NHS depleted of skilled workers to look after us. Nor did we vote to see our governments revenues decimated as the economy bombs in the wake of Brexit. Because that is the flip side of Brexit. Sure, we are free of the EU, but the cost is probably significantly higher and much more likely to impact on the man-on-the-street directly.

Brexit for most was a choice governed by emotion. What we are seeing now is the brain finally waking up to the stark reality that shines before us. Those still bellowing for a hard Brexit are either rich and will be unaffected (Reece Mogg / Johnson) or foolish (you).
PilgrimOfTruth
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Brexit for most was a choice governed by emotion. What we are seeing now is the brain finally waking up to the stark reality that shines before us. Those still bellowing for a hard Brexit are either rich and will be unaffected (Reece Mogg / Johnson) or foolish (you).
Nonsense.

I voted to Leave because I realised that we were taken into the EU fraudulently in the first place by corrupt politicians who over the course of some 30+ years have committed treason plain and simple.

I voted Leave because it's clear that the EU is an emerging totalitarian state and I want no part of it.

I voted Leave because our most fundamental right, the principle of Habeas Corpus (Innocent until proved guilt) is now at risk because the EU wants to implement Corpus Juris, which is the exact opposite. They can lock people away with no evidence or trial and put the onus on the victim to prove their innocence. That is the stuff of the Orwellian nightmare.

The very fact that the EU are acting as they are, arrogantly, smugly, happily trying to make an example of the UK, tells me all I need to know about who they are and what they stand for. I want no part of it.

The EU imo, is a cesspit of corruption and it's belligerent agenda to push the Euro on countries has bankrupted many of them.

We MUST leave and leave completely. This has far more reaching concerns than students' abilities to work abroad. It's about the fundamental rights and freedoms that 100s of 1000s of people previously fought to preserve, fought and gave their lives for.

It's a travesty that we were ever taken into the EU fraudulently and by stealth. Every politician who had a hand in it should be tried for treason.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)

I voted Leave because our most fundamental right, the principle of Habeas Corpus (Innocent until proved guilt) is now at risk because the EU wants to implement Corpus Juris, which is the exact opposite. They can lock people away with no evidence or trial and put the onus on the victim to prove their innocence. That is the stuff of the Orwellian nightmare.
Ha!!! See the report on terrorist rendition flights if you believe that somehow the UK is better than the best when it comes to justice. Sure, some in the EU (of which we were a part) wanted to propose various tough rules. But as we have just seen with the new copyright proposals, our elected EU parliamentarians also have the right and ability to vote it down.

You seem to forget that legislation that goes before the EU parliament is proposed by the leaders of the EU states - that would be Theresa May in our case. And because it has to be agreed by the other member states, all the extreme stuff tends not to get a look in. So yes, Corpus Juris is proposed by some but will never go through because it will not get the backing of all member states.

Anyway - I will see you in the dole queue post Brexit. Not that there will be any money to pay us.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (4)
11.11%
Disagree (3)
8.33%
Neither agree or disagree (10)
27.78%
Agree (11)
30.56%
Strongly Agree (8)
22.22%

Watched Threads