What do you learn in Product Design and Technology and where can it lead me

Watch
50shadesofluqiii
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I wanted to know what content is specifically taught in the Product Design and Technology BSc (Hons) course and if it can lead me to any masters degrees and what Jobs it can lead me too.

I am heavily interested in Product design in Electronics where I can design and make electronics as a whole from start to finish where I can make prototypes etc

Also, Would there be any Maths be included in the course and if so what type of maths is included?

Thanks.
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 50shadesofluqiii)
Hi,

I wanted to know what content is specifically taught in the Product Design and Technology BSc (Hons) course and if it can lead me to any masters degrees and what Jobs it can lead me too.

I am heavily interested in Product design in Electronics where I can design and make electronics as a whole from start to finish where I can make prototypes etc

Also, Would there be any Maths be included in the course and if so what type of maths is included?

Thanks.
Hi :wavey:

Glad to hear you're considering Manchester Met! Detailed info on the course content of our BSc (Hons) Product Design and Technology can be found on the relevant pages of our eProspectus, within the 'Course Details' section

There is a high demand for design engineers and product designers in a variety of industries. Our graduates occupy a variety of design roles across many industries, consultancies and manufacturers.

Employers outside of design and manufacturing sectors also recognise the skills of product design graduates, and there may be opportunities in sales, commissioning, finance, teaching and management as well as roles managing technology to support a range of organisations.

As this degree is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology on behalf of the Engineering Council, you will have the opportunity to apply to study at postgraduate level both in related subjects and non-specific disciplines, providing that you meet the academic entry requirements

This course does have mathematical elements included in a number of modules, such as Engineering Materials and Manufacture, and you will have the opportunity to develop and test devices such as autonomous vehicles. For specific info on the type of maths used on the course, please contact us using our Course Enquiry Formand we can forward this to the relevant academic

You may also wish to visit us at our Open Day if you haven't done so already!

I hope this helps - let us know if you have any more questions

Matt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
13.04%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (73)
63.48%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
12.17%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (10)
8.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.61%

Watched Threads