The Student Room Group

Royal economic society essay competition

Hi everyone, I am participating in the current 2018 RES essay competition, what topics did you guys do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Productivity puzzle
Reply 2
cool, how did u find it?

Original post by AliG_
Productivity puzzle
Reply 3
Tbh I found it okay I just think my quality wasn’t as good as it could of been. I rushed it a lot. What about you?
Reply 4
I did this essay straight after the Corpus Christi one so I had a fair amount of time. But I think in hindsight it could have been better (I did the internet one).
What year are u in?
Original post by AliG_
Tbh I found it okay I just think my quality wasn’t as good as it could of been. I rushed it a lot. What about you?
Reply 5
Year 12. And yeah I was looking at entering that but I ran out of time. What year you in?
Reply 6
I am also in year 12, really want to get shortlisted this time
Original post by AliG_
Year 12. And yeah I was looking at entering that but I ran out of time. What year you in?
Reply 7
Hey JackFu I also entered this and did the internet companies one. Would be great to read another person's essay.
Reply 8
sure dude, I'd love to read yours too, I will dm you my email address and u can reply yours.
Original post by Rohan29
Hey JackFu I also entered this and did the internet companies one. Would be great to read another person's essay.
Reply 9
Does anyone know when they will be announcing the winners and other highly commended entrants?
Reply 10
It’s late August - Early October just depends on amount of applicants
Reply 11
Original post by AliG_
It’s late August - Early October just depends on amount of applicants

Cheers. I hope they don't take til October, maybe there were not too many entrants this year which could allow them to mark them quicker.
Reply 12
Yeah I mean only they know how long it will take but hopefully not too long
Reply 13
Are you guys going to do any other essay competitions?
Reply 14
Original post by JackFu

Nah I am done now, have entered the IEA and the Marshall one this summer as well so let us wait and see.
Reply 15
Original post by JackFu

Are there any other essay competitions still open?
Reply 16
Original post by jc_987
Are there any other essay competitions still open?

most are closed but LSELU is still open
Reply 17
Original post by JackFu
most are closed but LSELU is still open

What does the LSELU stand for? Is it economics related?
Reply 18
Original post by jc_987
What does the LSELU stand for? Is it economics related?

LSE stands for london school of econonics, I think SU is one of their essay competitions this year
Reply 19
Hey! Does anyone know when the results will be announced?

Quick Reply

Latest