The Student Room Group

Do you consider the BNP as a racist party?

This poll is closed

Is the BNP racist?

Yes, really racist 82%
No, what are you talking about? 7%
No idea11%
Total votes: 57
Although I am more on the right of politics I consider the BNP racist and idiotic. They always complain that there are not "enough white people" today, I can think we all know what the word enough means.

Scroll to see replies

I think anyone that doesn’t is either a member or quietly supports them.

Greetings from the left
The Sun newspaper headline on 15 July 2004 just about sums up the BNP- B***** Nasty People.
A gutter mix of various types of sewage- hooligans, homophobes, holocaust deniers, anti-Semites.
Almost every kind of bigot and hate criminal guaranteed a warm welcome.
Absolutely vile.
Definitely racist, but are the BNP even a thing anymore? I think most of the far right racist types have moved on to other groups since then. The last thing I remember hearing about the BNP was this very strange video a couple of years back.
[video="youtube;oczj6thd4CY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oczj6thd4CY[/video]

One of the guys featured in this was recently convicted of plotting to murder his local MP & a police officer with a machete.
https://thetab.com/uk/2018/06/15/how-did-jack-renshaw-star-of-the-creepy-bnp-youth-video-end-up-attempting-to-murder-an-mp-68449
Reply 4
Yes. They’re also irrelevant.
Yes.

I also consider them to be utterly irrelevant.
Their whole USP was the fact they were against minorities. They faded into irrelevance almost a decade ago.

UKIP is indirectly racist, i.e. some of its supporters are racist. BNP was directly racist.
Reply 7
Original post by MoSaqib
Yes. They’re also irrelevant.

This, in the 2010 GE they managed to receive half a million votes across the country somehow. In 2015, they had a grand total of 1,667 across the country, even the Monster Raving Loony Party got more than that, so they are totally irrelevant and not even worth talking about really.
BNP doesn't really exist anymore. UKIP are really diluted as a concept right now. I often wished we could emulate European politics a bit more.
Original post by The RAR
Although I am more on the right of politics I consider the BNP racist and idiotic. They always complain that there are not "enough white people" today, I can think we all know what the word enough means.

I've never heard of BNP
I didn't know they still existed. 100 members maybe?

Of course they're racist. They just don't have the balls to admit it. They hide behind a façade of civic nationalism.
Reply 11
Utter c***s.
Some of the more blatantly criminal or idiotic members even admit to it- just as they did when they were part of the National Front and Combat 18.

Original post by Jacque Inaboques
I didn't know they still existed. 100 members maybe?

Of course they're racist. They just don't have the balls to admit it. They hide behind a façade of civic nationalism.
Original post by The RAR

Short answer

Yes
Should rename themselves to the British Non-existent Party.
Original post by londonmyst
Some of the more blatantly criminal or idiotic members even admit to it- just as they did when they were part of the National Front and Combat 18.

The NF is pretty much defunct isn't it? It had its heyday in the 1970's. C18 was a government honeytrap. As was the EDL.
Reply 16
NF are still active-ish around these parts, but greatly diminished in number from the amounts that used to harangue us 15 years ago.
The NF lost the bulk of its membership to the BNP in the 70s, most of that hardcore base is either deceased or in a nursing home.
But NF still have a small very violent following.
Disenchanted BNP members under 40 sometimes switch to the NF after personal spats, probably just as an excuse for punch ups with their former BNP colleagues.

Original post by Jacque Inaboques
The NF is pretty much defunct isn't it? It had its heyday in the 1970's. C18 was a government honeytrap. As was the EDL.
Reply 18
To fit the definition, yes they are.

I can't help but agree with some of their Policy such as reducing foreign aid, leaving the EU and their crime policy is quite appealing to me

Implement zero-tolerance on anti-social behaviour, gang culture and violent crime, and campaign to have five-year minimum prison sentences for knife crime in the capital Adopt a hands-on approach to police operational matters in Greater London to deal with the current lack of coordination and training which became evident during the August 2011 riots End politically correct interference in police operations and restore colour blind policing so that everyone is treated equally. We will raise minimum intellectual and physical requirements for police recruitment Scrap the requirement that all Metropolitan Police Officers should not be a member of ANY political party. It’s absurd that Police and Crime Commissioners in England & Wales and the Mayor of London can be members of any political party but Police Officers cannot Crackdown on crime, with more police on the streets Improve street lighting. Replace out-of-date high-pressure sodium lights with new energy-efficient LED (light-emitting diode) lanterns, resulting in improved visibility, a reduction in road accidents an

Five year minimum, I'd want even harsher.

In the greater scheme of things I don't support them but I don't think all their ideas are bad.
Reply 19
Do they even still exist? They're such a non-entity i thought they died a death years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest