Is direct line drive plus strict? Watch

JoshF-
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Iv had insurance with directline drive plus for just over a week now and was wondering how strict they are and if they have ever cancelled anyone's policy. I live in the city and always get a 1/5 or 2/5 for road risk but if I were to go 5-10 mph over the speed limit would they penalize me?

Before anyone says it, I know how bad black box's are, I was insured by more than smart wheels which is by far the worst insurance company but there's no way I can afford to not have one.
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by JoshF-)
Iv had insurance with directline drive plus for just over a week now and was wondering how strict they are and if they have ever cancelled anyone's policy. I live in the city and always get a 1/5 or 2/5 for road risk but if I were to go 5-10 mph over the speed limit would they penalize me?

Before anyone says it, I know how bad black box's are, I was insured by more than smart wheels which is by far the worst insurance company but there's no way I can afford to not have one.
It's a bit stupid to drive above the speed limit when you've got a cheapo telematics policy covering you...
JoshF-
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
It's a bit stupid to drive above the speed limit when you've got a cheapo telematics policy covering you...
If you drive yourself you will know that sometimes it's unavoidable and it's also not nice constantly be tail gated.
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

Yes they are strict.
They could cancel your policy depending on what terms you’ve broken it. Including speed.
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
If you drive yourself you will know that sometimes it's unavoidable and it's also not nice constantly be tail gated.
Yep, which is why I don't take out bargain basement insurance policies...
JoshF-
Rep:
?
Yep, which is why I don't take out bargain basement insurance policies...
Well congratulations you are financially better than a mere peasent like me and don't need a black box to drive. Now the point of this thread was to ask a simple question to a specific set of people who have the same insurance as me. Now why don't you go and speak in threads that are relevant to you.
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Well congratulations you are financially better than a mere peasent like me and don't need a black box to drive. Now the point of this thread was to ask a simple question to a specific set of people who have the same insurance as me. Now why don't you go and speak in threads that are relevant to you.
If you can't do the legwork to find yourself a proper policy at a reasonable price, that's on you. Expect your policy to be cancelled should you speed consistently, and consequently expect not to be driving again for a long while.
JoshF-
Rep:
?
(Original post by MKaur18)
Yes they are strict.
They could cancel your policy depending on what terms you’ve broken it. Including speed.
are/have you been insured with them before?
Iv seen very conflicting reviews of them with some people saying they drive at 120mph and nothing is said but others say they are strict.
JoshF-
Rep:
?
If you can't do the legwork to find yourself a proper policy at a reasonable price, that's on you. Expect your policy to be cancelled should you speed consistently, and consequently expect not to be driving again for a long while.
You have no idea the effort and time I put in just to get an affordable premium even with a black box and in my case not having one was just unrealistic. So again, go speak in a thread where you have relatable knowledge.
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You have no idea the effort and time I put in just to get an affordable premium even with a black box and in my case not having one was just unrealistic. So again, go speak in a thread where you have relatable knowledge.
Clearly not enough time and effort, otherwise you wouldn't be in this position...

No one in this country beyond habitual driving offenders should need to settle for telematics - you should given enough research and phone calls be able to acquire a reasonable policy for a reasonable car at a reasonable price.

You've been given the information you requested.
JoshF-
Rep:
?
Clearly not enough time and effort, otherwise you wouldn't be in this position...

No one in this country beyond habitual driving offenders should need to settle for telematics - you should given enough research and phone calls be able to acquire a reasonable policy for a reasonable car at a reasonable price.

You've been given the information you requested.
The question I asked was about the telesmatic box not for someone to tell me that I should have got a different policy when they know absolutely nothing about me or my financial situation or any of the factors that go in to determining the price of a car insurance policy so just stfu if you aren't going to provide any useful information that I asked for.
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The question I asked was about the telesmatic box not for someone to tell me that I should have got a different policy when they know absolutely nothing about me or my financial situation or any of the factors that go in to determining the price of a car insurance policy so just stfu if you aren't going to provide any useful information that I asked for.
Again, you've been given the information you requested. Scroll up.

There's absolutely no need for your attitude.
JoshF-
Rep:
?
Again, you've been given the information you requested. Scroll up.

There's absolutely no need for your attitude.
Iv not been given the information I need, all you have said is I should pull money out of thin air and get insurance without a box. I have been told by one person the box is strict but with there being many conflicting reviews I would like more people to answer the question and for you to stop posting irrelevant stuff on this thread. You clearly have no idea what youre talking about and don't realise how unrelated your posts are compared to the post topic and question I asked.
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Iv not been given the information I need, all you have said is I should pull money out of thin air and get insurance without a box. I have been told by one person the box is strict but with there being many conflicting reviews I would like more people to answer the question and for you to stop posting irrelevant stuff on this thread. You clearly have no idea what youre talking about and don't realise how unrelated your posts are compared to the post topic and question I asked.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, but in future, I won't be so kind.

You asked...

if I were to go 5-10 mph over the speed limit would they penalize me?

And I replied...

Expect your policy to be cancelled should you speed consistently, and consequently expect not to be driving again for a long while.
RoyalSheepy
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Pal, shouldn't be speeding full stop. Especially with a black box. :facepalm2:
JoshF-
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Pal, shouldn't be speeding full stop. Especially with a black box. :facepalm2:
Not really answering the question.
RoyalSheepy
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Not really answering the question.
Ok, you do what you think is right then. Clearly you know better than others.
JoshF-
Rep:
?
Ok, you do what you think is right then. Clearly you know better than others.
Can no one on here read or understand questions?
All I asked was for advice from people who are insured by the same company as me or have experience with them on how strict they are. I was not asking for people to tell me to pull money out my ass and loose the box or for some goody two shoes to tell me not to speed.

Another thing, do they just hand out special titles to anyone on this site? TSR support team and a community assistant with a combined IQ of 30
RoyalSheepy
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Another thing, do they just hand out special titles to anyone on this site? TSR support team and a community assistant with a combined IQ of 30
Still higher than yours pal x
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Can no one on here read or understand questions?
All I asked was for advice from people who are insured by the same company as me or have experience with them on how strict they are. I was not asking for people to tell me to pull money out my ass and loose the box or for some goody two shoes to tell me not to speed.

Dunno mate, but it seems like you can't read at all? :confused:

Still higher than yours pal x
Love you xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.39%
Yes - a food allergy (59)
10.48%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.66%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.66%
No (393)
69.8%

Watched Threads