Is direct line drive plus strict? Watch

JoshF-
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Dunno mate, but it seems like you can't read at all? :confused:
Oh I can't read? Although it's you sending irrelevant replays to this thread even after I've explained 3 times all I want is experienced reviews and not some privileged idiot saying pay money you don't have or drive like a tourist.
SB8999
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Denying any advice given because it isn't what you want to hear, sounds like you've already made up your mind
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by JoshF-)
Oh I can't read? Although it's you sending irrelevant replays to this thread even after I've explained 3 times all I want is experienced reviews and not some privileged idiot saying pay money you don't have or drive like a tourist.
Replays? Like the replays of Pickford's saves today? God they were golden!

Let me make this PERFECTLY clear so it can't zoom through your head again:

If. You. Speed. Consistently. Your. Policy. Will. Be. Cancelled.

I'd love to know why you reckon I'm privileged just because I spent a few hours doing proper research into my insurance policy :laugh:
JoshF-
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by SB8999)
Denying any advice given because it isn't what you want to hear, sounds like you've already made up your mind
I'm not denying advice I'm looking for more.
Replays? Like the replays of Pickford's saves today? God they were golden!

Let me make this PERFECTLY clear so it can't zoom through your head again:

If. You. Speed. Consistently. Your. Policy. Will. Be. Cancelled.

I'd love to know why you reckon I'm privileged just because I spent a few hours doing proper research into my insurance policy :laugh:
Shows you how immature you really are resorting to picking out typos.

You clearly don't have any experience with this company so stfu. I already did speed constantly with my previous black box and there was nothing wrong therefore I'm trying to find out how strict this new box I have is from people with Experience. Before you say it, my renewal was a lot more than I'm currently paying hence why I switched.

Also you have no idea how much research or the amount of hours I spent on the phone trying to get affordable insurance but in my case it just wasn't feasible with a black box.

Now don't bother trying to start arguments here when all I asked is for someone with EXPERIENCE for their opinions.
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

You clearly don't have any experience with this company so stfu. I already did speed constantly with my previous black box and there was nothing wrong therefore I'm trying to find out how strict this new box I have is from people with Experience. Before you say it, my renewal was a lot more than I'm currently paying hence why I switched.

Also you have no idea how much research or the amount of hours I spent on the phone trying to get affordable insurance but in my case it just wasn't feasible with a black box.

Now don't bother trying to start arguments here when all I asked is for someone with EXPERIENCE for their opinions.
:facepalm:
RoyalSheepy
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

Lol
Jibz98x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Ive had the Direct Line Plug-in box for 4 months now. Been doin 80mph in 30 zones 110 on motorway and nothings been said, apart from a bad score on the app😂😬
xDron3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My colleague is a few months in with this policy and he said they don't give a f***.

But i'll expect him to come in a few months time with a cancelled policy but hey ho who knows
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Jibz98x)
Ive had the Direct Line Plug-in box for 4 months now. Been doin 80mph in 30 zones 110 on motorway and nothings been said, apart from a bad score on the app😂😬
No you haven't.
Jibz98x
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
No you haven't.
look at my scores out of 100.
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
look at my scores out of 100.
And that proves what exactly?
Jibz98x
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That ive been speeding and they haven’t said anything since im still with them
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That ive been speeding and they haven’t said anything since im still with them
Give it time...
Maryelizabeth21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My partner has been with them for two years with a black box, his insurance goes down each year. He never checks his score but hasn’t had them call up/complain or anything like that. He also speeds sometimes (I don’t condone this but it’s his car), e.g. 80+ on the motorway but he’s had no problems

I am with RAC black box myself, I don’t speed on purpose however there has been a couple of times - occasionally slip up to 75/80 on a motorway when overtaking, and once I missed a 50 sign so was going 60 for a couple of minutes before I realised. The motorway my black box didn’t even notice, the 60 one it did and I just got a lower score. I think it depends how much you are speeding by, the type of roads, and for how long.
Jordos1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
In reply to Josh and anyone else interested I would say if you are fairly sensible it should be fairly easy to get good scores with Direct Line. The speed score is based on what they call a comparitive speed rather the speed limit. This means if you are at a speed of the general traffic flow e.g. 35ish in 30 zone then you won't lose any score on speed. Where you might lose is on the time of day. If close to rush hour either end of day your score could be lowered. Also if DL deem from their data that a road is higher risk then this lowers scores. However my top tip is that the rolling average score is based on a distance average over time therefore if you do a lot of fairly short low score journeys these can be greatly offset by a nice weekend motorway drive where scores of 95% plus can be easily attained and wipe out those short 50-60% scores. Overall pleased with it and have had no problems with DL calling me or threatening to stop cover. Also the black box module is a very small device that simply plugs in to your diagnostic port near foot well so no hard wired installs. Happy so far but interested to see what discount offered at end of year. Hope this helps.
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jordos1)
In reply to Josh and anyone else interested I would say if you are fairly sensible it should be fairly easy to get good scores with Direct Line. The speed score is based on what they call a comparitive speed rather the speed limit. This means if you are at a speed of the general traffic flow e.g. 35ish in 30 zone then you won't lose any score on speed. Where you might lose is on the time of day. If close to rush hour either end of day your score could be lowered. Also if DL deem from their data that a road is higher risk then this lowers scores. However my top tip is that the rolling average score is based on a distance average over time therefore if you do a lot of fairly short low score journeys these can be greatly offset by a nice weekend motorway drive where scores of 95% plus can be easily attained and wipe out those short 50-60% scores. Overall pleased with it and have had no problems with DL calling me or threatening to stop cover. Also the black box module is a very small device that simply plugs in to your diagnostic port near foot well so no hard wired installs. Happy so far but interested to see what discount offered at end of year. Hope this helps.
And they know the "speed of the general traffic flow" how exactly?
Fighter365
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jordos1)
I completely agree they hve not bothered me once all year and I can assure you that I do not always drive within the speed limits
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Maryelizabeth21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My partner has been with them 2 years he never once checks his black box score but has had no problems and his insurance goes down each year. He does speed a fair bit to be fair. He likes it
tom123h456
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's a bit stupid to drive above the speed limit when you've got a cheapo telematics policy covering you...
I always drive like 5 miles over speed limit my black box don't care gave me 10/10 everytime
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by tom123h456; 2 months ago
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by tom123h456)
I always drive like 5 miles over speed limit my black box don't care gave me 10/10 everytime
That's because you're not breaking the speed limit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (216)
60%
No (144)
40%

Watched Threads