London School of Economics
London

LSE vs UCL for law

Which is better? Why?
Original post by London090
Which is better? Why?

Have you visited both?
Have you looked at both courses?

They are on a par imo, so better isnt really the way to approach it.
Visit and see which one suits you better.

GJ for getting offers.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
LSE might be just slightly more prestigious, but no one is going to not offer you a job if your a good fit because you went to UCL.

They are even only 5 stops away from eachother in London, so i cant even argue location, its going to have to come down to where you feel you will fit better. As a wild horse i like to judge a university by the way its website speaks to me the little nuances and style of the university are hidden there.
Reply 3
Original post by Realitysreflexx
. As a wild horse i like to judge a university by the way its website speaks to me the little nuances and style of the university are hidden there.

Is that why you picked Notts? You klein Dülmen you. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Is that why you picked Notts? You klein Dülmen you. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly one of the reasons yes, if a university cant provide an interesting and professional interest sparking website, what can it do. Primarily though it was a youtube video by a professor giving UCAS advice (notts professor) he seemed frankly cool, so i looked up which university he represented, the rest is history.

Look at some of the top universities sites in comparison with some of the more average places and you do see distinct differences in delivery.
Better in what sense...?

UCL offers a number of dual qualifying law programmes, or options to study law abroad - this may be more appealing to some students who may want to work as a lawyer in those countries, or who may be more likely to want to work in an international setting. The nature of LSE's options and other degrees may provide better background for progressing to cross-disciplinary research in the social sciences, or in networking for broader corporate oriented roles, legal or not.

Most law degrees are broadly similar due to the core content required by them to be a qualifying law degree, so the major choice is based on a) what, if any, options they have and if those appeal to you (e.g. within law, or taking modules outside of the subject, etc) and b) the actual "feel" of the university and culture/community there. This is obviously harder to quantify but often makes more of a difference, especially for courses which are likely to be similar (outside of the above) anyway. For other universities location, ease of travel to/from and cost of living are also worth comparing, but it's likely to be largely similar for these two given above comments.

At the end of the day they're both good, if you hold offers for both try and see if you can visit them and get a "feel" for each; you may well be able to do both in one day. Otherwise, consider the options afforded on each course and see which appeal most to you I suppose.
I think they're pretty much the same.

I'm at LSE and I went to a first year event at a magic circle law firm this year, and the only London universities they invited students from were UCL and LSE. And loads of the partners had gone to UCL so look very favourably on it.
Reply 7
Original post by LeapingLucy
I think they're pretty much the same.

I'm at LSE and I went to a first year event at a magic circle law firm this year, and the only London universities they invited students from were UCL and LSE. And loads of the partners had gone to UCL so look very favourably on it.

Oh wow, thank you for the insight! Is the pressure high at LSE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending