Bringing fake designer goods into the UK? Watch

itsamieemarie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there,

I'm going to Hong Kong with my family and as a souvenir I wanted to get something designer, but obviously I'm a broke student 😂 so I can't afford that stuff. But I know that Hong Kong has a load of fake goods

But would I get into trouble with customs if I do bring anything over, or it getting confiscated?

I'm not planning on getting a suitcase worth of stuff, more like a small wallet and/or a belt or small purse.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by itsamieemarie)
Hi there,

I'm going to Hong Kong with my family and as a souvenir I wanted to get something designer, but obviously I'm a broke student 😂 so I can't afford that stuff. But I know that Hong Kong has a load of fake goods

But would I get into trouble with customs if I do bring anything over, or it getting confiscated?

I'm not planning on getting a suitcase worth of stuff, more like a small wallet and/or a belt or small purse.
Nope, it's not illegal.
hannah00
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes you risk getting in trouble with both British customs and Hong Kong customs on your way out.

If you young, they will likely profile you as they know this is something young people do.

If you get caught you could be prosecuted, face expensive lawyer fees and a criminal record
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (237)
66.76%
No (118)
33.24%

Watched Threads