The Student Room Group

Transgender going to NCS?

I'm going to ncs in a few weeks and honestly I'm terrified because I don't pass very well but I've asked to use the male facilities whilst there to make me more comfortable and I'm worried about the other boys there being mean about it, does anyone have any advice or experiences going to ncs and being trans? Thankyou!
(edited 5 years ago)
did you go to ncs?, i might go this year and im having pretty much the exact same issue, did it go well for you?

also side question where you with people you already knew?
(edited 4 years ago)
I would probably be uncomfortable as a male.
Original post by Anonymous
I would probably be uncomfortable as a male.

As a male who is not transgender or one who is?
I hope you had a good experience / ended up going. On my NCS alone we had 2 transgender people and we all respected them :yep:
Original post by yzanne
As a male who is not transgender or one who is?

As a male who is not a transgender. There was a similar situation for me on a cadet camp where a girl who hadn't fully transitioned was sleeping in the boy's room and also used the boys toilets.
Original post by Anonymous
As a male who is not a transgender. There was a similar situation for me on a cadet camp where a girl who hadn't fully transitioned was sleeping in the boy's room and also used the boys toilets.

Why would you feel uncomfortable?

Truth be told, they're likely feeling more out of place than you do, it's a process which is completely undermined and isn't easy at all; I think you should have a little more empathy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending