The Student Room Group

revision

I find it so hard to revise, I want to do it but haven’t got the motivation for it? I’ve been feeling so drained lately with friendships, boys and parents that it’s took everything out of me, I either feel sad to revise or too drained because I didnt get enough sleep and it’s starting to effect my school work and attitude towards it completely, I want to be the person I was again at the start of this year but it’s challenging when I have no motivation or energy to do so lol. Any advice will be so so helpful.
This is common and affects most of us at some point, especially if you suffer from any mental illnesses.

To motivate you, I’d recommend:
Watch study with me’s on youtube. Perhaps check out “Revision With Eve” and “Ruby Granger”.
Search pinterest or google for study motivation quotes.
Watch videos such as university “day in the life videos” or the equivalent for what you hope to do. It will remind you of your goals and maybe excite you into revising.
Use a productivity app such as “forest” which will almost force you to keep going for a certain amount of time.
Revise with people or in public so you’ll feel more pressured to keep going.
Switch up your routine or environment so it’s different and fun.
Make to-do lists so you’ll want to tick them off.
Write down your goals for the year (can be grades or not) somewhere near your study space.

To help your mental health (which will probably make you more productive anyway):
Make sure you’re getting enough sleep - at least 8 hours a night.
Make sure you’re eating enough and with enough nutritional value. Try and meet your 5-a-day goal.
Drink water! Try and drink at least 2 litres (8 cups) a day.
Find an activity that relieves stress or revitalises you e.g. going for runs/joining a club.

I hope some of these tips help but honestly sometimes there really is nothing to it except forcing yourself to pick up your pen and keep going. Just keep your goals in mind, even if it’s just counting down until your holiday.

Good luck :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Thank you ever so much! I will try your suggestions and hope for the best, thank you again x
I was like this. It was extremely hard for me but I saw what happened to other people in my year when they got kicked out so that motivated me to do well.
I’ll try using that as my motivation haha
Original post by studentgirl08
I’ll try using that as my motivation haha

Seriously they are a right mess now try to avoid becoming like them.
i have pretty rough people in my school so I can imagine what yours are like
Original post by studentgirl08
i have pretty rough people in my school so I can imagine what yours are like

Pretty much spend all day doing random drugs they get off randomers and fight randomers all day.
Literally same

Quick Reply

Latest