Stacos
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello there,

So I have been asked to "Please provide us with any of the following to confirm your status in the UK from
01/09/2015 to 19/01/2016 An original Home Office letter confirming your status in the UK and the reason for this status being granted. The letter must clearly show the date on which you were granted your status, and the date on which this status will expire (if applicable)". However I am not able to provide these information as I have never gotten one in the first place since arriving here and the only close thing to it is the certificate of application for my Biometric Residence card that has been provided and has already been granted since my mother is Spanish and I have sent it quite a few times already. The other being my Mother's Blue Home office card. No letters were sent from the Home Office at all giving me anything for this type of evidence.

How shall I be able to deal with this?

Thank you very much!
Aisha SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Stacos)
Hello there,

So I have been asked to "Please provide us with any of the following to confirm your status in the UK from
01/09/2015 to 19/01/2016 An original Home Office letter confirming your status in the UK and the reason for this status being granted. The letter must clearly show the date on which you were granted your status, and the date on which this status will expire (if applicable)". However I am not able to provide these information as I have never gotten one in the first place since arriving here and the only close thing to it is the certificate of application for my Biometric Residence card that has been provided and has already been granted since my mother is Spanish and I have sent it quite a few times already. The other being my Mother's Blue Home office card. No letters were sent from the Home Office at all giving me anything for this type of evidence.

How shall I be able to deal with this?

Thank you very much!

Hi, thank you for your query.

We would need to know what your status was in the UK during that period requested. You can contact the Home Office to obtain a letter however if they are unable to provide you with any documentation, as a last resort we may be able to do a Home Office check on your behalf.

Regards, Aisha.
Stacos
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello again,

It would seem like it will be unlikely for me to get those status documents and as such, will there be any chance to go for that last resort?

Thank you in advance.
Shahrzad SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Stacos)
Hello again,

It would seem like it will be unlikely for me to get those status documents and as such, will there be any chance to go for that last resort?

Thank you in advance.
Hi

We can run a Home Office check only if you send a formal request for this. We would need a signed and dated letter from yourself, explaining the reason(s) why you cannot provide us with the requested evidence. On the letter, please confirm your customer reference number.

Please send this letter to us by post:
Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Kind regards,
Shahrzad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads