The Student Room Group

Oxford GEP A101 2020 entry

Hey guys!!

So I am a student studying Bsc Biology. I really want to study medicine, especially at Oxford. I will be applying in 2019. Besides from getting a first class in Bsc and a very good BMAT score, what else should one do to increase their chances in getting in?

Thank you!! :smile:

NOTE: THREAD IS FOR GRADUATE ENTRY MEDICINE AT OXFORD! (2020 ENTRY)
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Do u wanna study the bmat together
Reply 2
Original post by Bambifawn
Do u wanna study the bmat together

Are you also applying for graduate medicine?
No undergraduate
Reply 4
Original post by Bambifawn
No undergraduate

Oh ok. I have started to study BMAT. I’m worried about Section 1 and Section 3 :frown:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by SweetHoney5
Hey guys!!

So I am a student studying Bsc Biology. I really want to study medicine, especially at Oxford. Besides from getting a first class in Bsc and a very good BMAT score, what else should one do to increase their chances in getting in?

Also, I got 3 As and 1 A* in my A Levels; A* in Biology.

Thank you!! :smile:

Oxford is all about how evidence-based medicine. About how doctors should be learning and making medical decisions from literature and novel research rather than just watching what the boss does (which may well be wrong/out of date) and blindly following guidelines. As such, they like to see a familiarity with research, or at the very least, close familiarity with reading and analysing research. That is probably what you should focus on.
Original post by charlyt123
Hey guys!

I haven't seen a forum for 2019 entry Graduate entry medicine for Oxford so thought I would start one!

Maybe we can list our degree, result, BMAT score (if you've done it) etc?

Best of luck guys :smile:

Hello hello there,
I’m planning on applying in 2020, since I’m in the second year of biochemistry. I’ll just be sticking around so I can learn from your experiences. Since no one has applied yet, is it ok if I ask you a few questions?
what did you do to prepare for the application like work experience and the test requirements? I’m assuming you are applying when application open later on this year, but have you previously applied to medicine? And if so did you get to the interview phase?
Thanks in advance :smile: and good luck!
Hi there! I'm currently at Oxford, but also thinking of applying for graduate medicine for 2020. Not sure if I will yet because it's one of many many options, but thought I'd comment anyway.
Reply 8
Original post by ConicalFlask
Hi there! I'm currently at Oxford, but also thinking of applying for graduate medicine for 2020. Not sure if I will yet because it's one of many many options, but thought I'd comment anyway.

That’s great!! What are you studying?
That’s great!! What are you studying?

I do biomed, and apparently around 7 people in each year (of 40) end up doing graduate medicine, much to the annoyance of our tutors who desperately want us to go into research!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE REPLIES!!! Ok, so i assume that all of us are applying for grad med at oxford in 2019...????
omg wow!!!! its gonna be tough to get in :frown:
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE REPLIES!!! Ok, so i assume that all of us are applying for grad med at oxford in 2019...????

Yeah. Thanks for the thread!

How did your application end up going? Did you get to interview?
Original post by ScrubbyAlder
Yeah. Thanks for the thread!

How did your application end up going? Did you get to interview?

aw, no problem! thanks for continuing it!
I am in my prenultimate year currently. I will be applying in 2019 for grad med at oxford.
aw, no problem! thanks for continuing it!
I am in my prenultimate year currently. I will be applying in 2019 for grad med at oxford.

Oooh. I think the great bulk of people here thought you meant to begin in 2019. Many of us here were interviewed earlier in the month, and are now waiting!
Original post by ScrubbyAlder
Oooh. I think the great bulk of people here thought you meant to begin in 2019. Many of us here were interviewed earlier in the month, and are now waiting!

OH WOW!!! How did the interview go?? was it scary? and which colleges did you apply to?
Original post by Carinamaniaca
Hello hello there,
I’m planning on applying in 2020, since I’m in the second year of biochemistry. I’ll just be sticking around so I can learn from your experiences. Since no one has applied yet, is it ok if I ask you a few questions?
what did you do to prepare for the application like work experience and the test requirements? I’m assuming you are applying when application open later on this year, but have you previously applied to medicine? And if so did you get to the interview phase?
Thanks in advance :smile: and good luck!

omg!! i will be applying for 2020 too!!!
Hello. I am also applying for Grad Med at Oxford for 2020 entry. Studying Chemistry at KCL :smile:
welcome to the thread!

Original post by OverDestiny
Hello. I am also applying for Grad Med at Oxford for 2020 entry. Studying Chemistry at KCL :smile:
Hellooo, I am studying biomed at Bristol, also applying for 2020 entry.

Quick Reply

Latest