Failed 1 module in first year Watch

DongHyun Kim
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello
I had 5 resists in the summer including 3 reports, 1 video presentation and a exam.
As a result i failed again on 1 module (report coursework) due to bad timemanagement. I was so busy finishing other resits, i could not finish this one.( i didnt submit anything for this resit)

My biggest concern is whether i could proceed to 2nd year with doing 1more module that i have failed on resit.
According to the university, it says : "You MAY be given an oppurtunity of proceeding to 2nd year with taking the module that you have failed "
As mentioned above, it says MAY so i am not sure what will happen and when i fail on that oppurtunity,i have no idea what happens.

The reason why i am concerned about even losing a chance to proceed to 2nd year with holding the module is that i didnt submit the work in the 1st chance, and also at the second chance (resit) which it might give me any penalty .

In sum : failed on 1 module in 1st year, i want to know what will happen in the next. Will i be able to proceed to 2nd year? Does normally 1 fail work fine on proceeding to 2nd year?

Any advice or experience would help thx.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DongHyun Kim)
Hello
I had 5 resists in the summer including 3 reports, 1 video presentation and a exam.
As a result i failed again on 1 module (report coursework) due to bad timemanagement. I was so busy finishing other resits, i could not finish this one.( i didnt submit anything for this resit)

My biggest concern is whether i could proceed to 2nd year with doing 1more module that i have failed on resit.
According to the university, it says : "You MAY be given an oppurtunity of proceeding to 2nd year with taking the module that you have failed "
As mentioned above, it says MAY so i am not sure what will happen and when i fail on that oppurtunity,i have no idea what happens.

The reason why i am concerned about even losing a chance to proceed to 2nd year with holding the module is that i didnt submit the work in the 1st chance, and also at the second chance (resit) which it might give me any penalty .

In sum : failed on 1 module in 1st year, i want to know what will happen in the next. Will i be able to proceed to 2nd year? Does normally 1 fail work fine on proceeding to 2nd year?

Any advice or experience would help thx.
I would be concerned you are failing so many modules in the first place.

It is 100% down to the discretion of your department. Some unis they may let you and others they will not.

Talk to your supervisor.
DongHyun Kim
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
I would be concerned you are failing so many modules in the first place.

It is 100% down to the discretion of your department. Some unis they may let you and others they will not.

Talk to your supervisor.
i mean, if they dont let me, will they kick me out of uni?

because 2 mordule fail is a retake, but i will be only failing 1 module..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (158)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (529)
59.37%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.25%

Watched Threads