The Student Room Group

Really depressed because I can't get a girlfreind

I'm 19 and never had a girlfreind I am still a virgin and have not even KISSED a girl yet!! And it is making me so depressed. I hate how I look like I can't look at a picture of myself without being horrified so can't image what girls see. I go to the gym but this does not boost my confidence in the slightest. I am also a very nice guy which seems to get me all walked over and freindzoned by girls which just makes me more depressed. Every time I talk to girls in person I can make them laugh and they seem to be interested but then I get freindzoned!!! My dad is always telling me "girls are always checking you out, you just don't notice it!" but I feel like he is just saying this as I am his son!!! Also my freinds who are in relationships all tell me "you are still young, you have to wait for the right person" but i know myself and i know i womt find that person because it seems that no girl can love me. So I feel I am just going to be forever alone and will never be able to be happy!
(edited 5 years ago)
Relax you’re only 19. I have many friends who are still yet to have their first kiss and I’m 21, so you can tell how old my friends are. Losing your virginity and having kissed X, Y and Z girls doesn’t make it any better imo. When I met my bf he hadn’t had his first kiss or even a gf either (neither did I) so you’re bound to find someone sooner or later. Be confident and be patient.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 19 and never had a girlfreind I am still a virgin and have not even KISSED a girl yet!! And it is making me so depressed. I hate how I look like I can't look at a picture of myself without being horrified so can't image what girls see. I go to the gym but this does not boost my confidence in the slightest. I am also a very nice guy which seems to get me all walked over and freindzoned by girls which just makes me more depressed. Every time I talk to girls in person I can make them laugh and they seem to be interested but then I get freindzoned!!! My dad is always telling me "girls are always checking you out, you just don't notice it!" but I feel like he is just saying this as I am his son!!! Also my freinds who are in relationships all tell me "you are still young, you have to wait for the right person" but i know myself and i know i womt find that person because it seems that no girl can love me. So I feel I am just going to be forever alone and will never be able to be happy!

Brooooo
chill man

what you need to do is be more easy on yourself. don't look at it as if it's something that defines you.

Quick Reply

Latest