The Powerlifting Teacher Watch

NatMaths95
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Currently just doing some work experiece but starting my Maths PGCE in September.

I got bored of BB.com plus this site is useful in that I can see issues students are having with Mathematics and therefore help my own.

I've not looked at any blogs on here yet but I suppose everyone will have varying goals. Mine being getting stronger in the Squat, bench and deadlift. Suppose I can call myself a powerlifter having competed a few times.

Following the Juggernaut Method at the moment. Currently on my 3rd week so hitting amraps. Next week being a deload which has worked out well since I'm graduating on Tuesday.

It's amrap deadlifts today at 197.5kg so will post later, along with my numbers for squats and bench from this week.

Nice meeting everyone.
NatMaths95
Rep:
?
Sooo just got back from deadlifts, had 197.5kg for AMRAP, still getting used to hitting past 5 reps each set haha so to hit 11 I was pretty happy, especially in this heat.

Deload week next week then onto 8 rep phase.

So I can compare current PBs to what I get in 13 weeks time here they are.... (KG)

SQUAT - 225 (poverty but going up the fastest)
BENCH - 170
DEADLIFT - 290. @89KG Bodyweight

My weight class is un90.
NatMaths95
Rep:
?
Training at Strength Asylum in Stoke.... Same gym as Eddie hall. Feels amazing deadlifting in the same spot as he used when training for his 500kg deadlift. Even though I am still chasing just 300kg (10kg off).
CleverSquirrel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Subbbeeedd!!! Looking forward to following your blog
NatMaths95
Rep:
?
Deload week done! Only trained twice this week due to graduation, nice light weight, low reps focusing on form.

Bench 60,80,100kg *5
Squat 80,100,125 *5
OHP 35,40,50 *5
Deadlift 105,130,160 *5

Onto second 4 week block Monday which is a 8 rep phase. Will post up numbers in abit once I've updated the spreadsheet.
NatMaths95
Rep:
?
Name:  Screenshot_20180714-121739.png
Views: 130
Size:  49.9 KB

Numbers for this week 😊 crying inside at the amount of reps. 12 weeks till I get to hit some new maxes 😊

Also need to sort my accessories out for each lift.
Attached files
Gone Revising II
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Following.

Nice lifting, are you from Stoke also?
NatMaths95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gone Revising II)
Following.

Nice lifting, are you from Stoke also?
Thanks! I'm from near Liverpool, only moved down here a few weeks ago to do a PGCE.
Gone Revising II
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by NatMaths95)
Thanks! I'm from near Liverpool, only moved down here a few weeks ago to do a PGCE.
Fair, I'm from Stoke but moved to Birmingham in 2010.
NatMaths95
Rep:
?
Solid session today, finally getting used to all this volume.

Main exercise: Flat bench
105*8 4 sets
105*10 (3 from failure)

Accessories:
Incline DB press: 80kg * 8 (3sets)
Tricep extension 4 sets
Seated chest press 3 sets
CleverSquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Solid session today, finally getting used to all this volume.

Main exercise: Flat bench
105*8 4 sets
105*10 (3 from failure)

Accessories:
Incline DB press: 80kg * 8 (3sets)
Tricep extension 4 sets
Seated chest press 3 sets
ive been thinking about getting into powerlifting ngl, how and when did you start? and how did it affect your training?
NatMaths95
Rep:
?
I was at the gym one day squatting and a guy who was into powerlifting said to me after my set that I had a good depth on my squat. Now I'm not sure if he was flirting but he asked if I wanted to train with him and I did. I got strong quick, had a good base from bodybuilding so adding strength was easy. Entered my first competition after about 4 months, it was a deadlift only one. I won and got the bug for it then. Did another comp few months later and won again, this time squat Bench and deadlft. Had a rough time soon after that with a *****y breakup but kept on with powerlifting, probably the only thing that gave me another focus and stopped me from being a compete mess haha. Then the last competition I did (Jan208) I got jnr British deadlift and total records which just made me want to train harder. Thats my brief history of powerlifting, about a year and half.

In terms of training, I stopped training to failure. Felt better and could train more. Best part is you can track your progress so much easier than just from looking at your body/weight. If you hit 60kg on the bench for 2 reps then a month later you get it for 4 you know you've gotten stronger. There's no 'oh has my belly shrunk or have my arms got bigger'. If I suddenly couldn't powerlift for some reason though I'd have f**k all.
e^iπ
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was at the gym one day squatting and a guy who was into powerlifting said to me after my set that I had a good depth on my squat. Now I'm not sure if he was flirting but he asked if I wanted to train with him and I did. I got strong quick, had a good base from bodybuilding so adding strength was easy. Entered my first competition after about 4 months, it was a deadlift only one. I won and got the bug for it then. Did another comp few months later and won again, this time squat Bench and deadlft. Had a rough time soon after that with a *****y breakup but kept on with powerlifting, probably the only thing that gave me another focus and stopped me from being a compete mess haha. Then the last competition I did (Jan208) I got jnr British deadlift and total records which just made me want to train harder. Thats my brief history of powerlifting, about a year and half.

In terms of training, I stopped training to failure. Felt better and could train more. Best part is you can track your progress so much easier than just from looking at your body/weight. If you hit 60kg on the bench for 2 reps then a month later you get it for 4 you know you've gotten stronger. There's no 'oh has my belly shrunk or have my arms got bigger'. If I suddenly couldn't powerlift for some reason though I'd have f**k all.
You are lifting some insane weights
how long did it take you to get to the level you are currently at since you started working out?
NatMaths95
Rep:
?
(Original post by e^iπ)
You are lifting some insane weights
how long did it take you to get to the level you are currently at since you started working out?
Thank you, I appreciate it! I've been training for about 4 years in total, 1.5years powerlifting/strength specific.
NatMaths95
Rep:
?
Training today...

Sqwaaaaaatsssss:
4 sets 140*8
140*10 (suppose to be 2/3 from failure... Should have gone to 12 atleast but im a wimp

Accessories:
4 sets leg curl, with triple dropset
5 sets leg extension with triple dropset
e^iπ
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you, I appreciate it! I've been training for about 4 years in total, 1.5years powerlifting/strength specific.
That's some real dedication, keep up the good work and it's good to see a.powetlifter for a change as most people just want to "get big".
NatMaths95
Rep:
?
(Original post by e^iπ)
That's some real dedication, keep up the good work and it's good to see a.powetlifter for a change as most people just want to "get big".
I'm 5,10 and 91kg so not small but yeah I compete in the un90 class so I can't really put on much more size. Could go to 95kg and cut water before comp but that's effort haha. I will see if I can get some physique photos up sometime soon.
CleverSquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

oh my thats amazing!! how did you find the comps? well done for winning them Boss!!!

ah okay i see, ngl i wanna start! fingers crossed though, youre doing so well!! im 100% it'll all be okay!
NatMaths95
Rep:
?
You should do! People take it up when they're 50odd so it's something anyone can do.

I have the attitude that the only point in entering is winning, so I was pretty nervous the first time I competed because I didn't want it to be a waste of time. The comp days are great fun, getting to see everyone lift and cheering each other on.
NatMaths95
Rep:
?
Will get some better picures, back legs front on etc when I'm with someone... But body fat %, I'm guessing 16/17% 🤔

Normally hairy but shaved to see if I was fat or not.

Name:  _20180718_205823.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  37.3 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (46)
18.47%
Labour (103)
41.37%
Liberal Democrats (50)
20.08%
Green Party (15)
6.02%
Brexit Party (7)
2.81%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.61%
Plaid Cymru (5)
2.01%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)