How do you get the motivation to go to the gym?

Watch
BitMel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Especially in this heat.
ada_786
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Same I’m also losing motivation due to the heat
gothai7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BitMel)
Especially in this heat.
I don't
NatMaths95
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I focus on my targets, short term and long term. Nothing worse than setting goals then a few months later, having not hit them, realising it was because I was lazy.
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Remind yourself of how feel after your gym session, obviously not straight after as you'll probably be a little tired, aching worn out but an hour or 3 after you probably feel great.
UchihaMadara
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well I have a home gym in my shed so I just put a fan on and I'm good to go...there is advantages in training in adverse conditions.
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you can't be motivated to gym then gym is not for you. Find another way to lose weight. The cheapest option is running of course
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is hard in this weather - neither of the gyms I go to have air con or tbh even a fan so I have to go really early in the morning or late at night. I find I’m exhausted before I’ve even started working sets most of the time, but there’s no need to put pressure on yourself just do what you enjoy - I don’t think I’ve ever looked back and regretted not going to the gym on any particular day.
tom123h456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Think about all the hot girls you'll attract
sadasdasfsfafg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
motivation is the starting push for your journey, self-discipline is the momentum you get from rolling down the hill
sure, motivation is important, but self-discipline separates successful people from just the... "people"
motivation is running around the park because it is sunny
self-discipline is running around the park every day because you know it will benefit you. no matter if its raining or windy.
find what will push you and when that no longer motivates you. look at the big goal.
BitMel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by hello_shawn)
If you can't be motivated to gym then gym is not for you. Find another way to lose weight. The cheapest option is running of course
its not for weight, its for weight training x
StatsGuru
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sknudson)
It's not an option for me to lose my motivation and slack off while I'm dieting. If I missed out everything throughout this heatwave so far, then I'm pretty sure I would've lost a bit of my muscle mass I'm working to preserve while I shift the gut.

If I was permabulking, then the story might be a different one.
How do you deal with DOMS?
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I go running around 6am or at dusk.

As for the gym, don't most of them have air conditioning?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
After a while it becomes a part of life, you just go to the gym without thinking about going to the gym. And it no longer is work once you see and more importantly feel the results, and the pump is amazing.
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BitMel)
Especially in this heat.
It’s too hot for me to go to the gym. So sometimes, I choose a different day or go earlier or later when it’s less hotter in the day. Drink lots of water so you don’t get dehydrated 👍🏽
BennyD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For me, I have a gym partner. He keeps me going when I'd rather spend extra time in bed.
So Instinct
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If anything it's easier to go gym in warmer seasons.
StatsGuru
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For me the hot weather is more motivating as I sweat more! Sweat for me is super motivating!
NotNotBatman
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just get the **** up and go. I'm not always motivated, but I'm not going to do anything else anyway and I go at like 5am, so it's cool and there's air conditioning.
Getpumped
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Motivation is nonsense
Just need to go nothing special about it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.54%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (845)
42.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (384)
19.36%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads