The Student Room Group

Is travelling on your own bad?

I don’t want to go to hostels. My birthday is in February and I really want to go to a really nice hotel in Thailand by the beach and relax. It’s looking like £2000. Which I can save up, I work a lot in the summer- it’s definutely affordable. However my friends definitely won’t do it. They won’t ever get round to booking it- I just know it. My parents have also done so much travelling throughout their lives- they’ve already been to Thailand and I doubt they would want to spend that much money. So is it ok if I go on my own? It would be in a safe hotel, etc. But I don’t know if this is seen as selfish??
it's not selfish bc you've earned it by working for it. if your friends won't go then you're doing what you wanted to and that's fine. if anything it'd be selfish of them to say you didn't include them.
Reply 2
nothing wrong with travelling alone, but i wouldn't go to Thailand to do it. i don't think it's the safest place on earth for a young traveller. are there any beaches in the Mediterranean you are interested in? or can you afford Australia?
Reply 3
There's nothing wrong with travelling by yourself. I do it all the time, dividing myself between 3 countries for work and I'm planning to go to New York next year by myself if no-one wants to join. By all means you should go by yourself and have no regrets. Don't waste time waiting for other people to commit. Book for yourself first, then your friends and family can book for the same dates if they want to join you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending